Player Discussion Carey Price - Need a Jesus Price resurrection [MOD WARNING 526]

Status
Not open for further replies.

junyab

Jan 22, 2013
Draisaitl hasn’t even shown he can be a consistent 2c let alone a 1c. May want to slow your role before you start trading the farm for an $8 million question mark and another question mark in goal.

You think Talbot isn't "above average goalie"? And that your assessment on Draisaitl is better than the one the Oilers have done?

Oh my internet, you've outdone yourself once again.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
RDS continue with their neverending trashing of Carey Price for his comments after the game saturday.....of course, not a word on Drouin's turnover or the fact that he didn't want to face the medias after the game.

Man i hate those clowns.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
You think Talbot isn't "above average goalie"? And that your assessment on Draisaitl is better than the one the Oilers have done?

The website is based on fans opinions. If you don’t like it leave. If you think because I said Draisaitl is an unproven center, my opinion is somehow invalid, you’re the one whose outdone himself. Draistaitl has a lot to prove when anyone can come close to calling him a 1c. Playing on the wing putting up point next to McDavid doesn’t mean he’d come to a team like Montreal and have success. Oilers seem to agree as RNH and McDavid have been their centers most of the time. As for Talbot, I didn’t say he was some bum. I said it’s unknown what he would actually bring to our team specifically. He’s a hot and cold type.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

So you must think Bergevin's assessments of Alzner at D and Drouin as centre are bang on, because according to your argument GMs are perfect in their evaluations of players, so are beyond criticism.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
RDS continue with their neverending trashing of Carey Price for his comments after the game saturday.....of course, not a word on Drouin's turnover or the fact that he didn't want to face the medias after the game.

Man i hate those clowns.

The viewing public must eat it up or else it would not be constantly going on right?

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

Man i hate those clowns.

It’s favouritism at its finest. He’s french, he’ll get the benefit of the doubt. Price has a target on his back and it’ll be that way until he retires, gets traded, or a bigger whipping boy comes. Unfortunately, he’ll likely remain the guy who gets kicked around because he’s a goalie and they have that nice big contract to use if they ever have too. He’s responsible for calling out AC’s boy toy Michel Therrien for his crap which doesn’t help either.

Reactions: Milhouse40

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto

Man i hate those clowns.

I hope they don’t get bored because they have 8 more years of trashing. Personally don’t think it makes for good TV, but whatever.

Reactions: ArsHabs

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
The website is based on fans opinions. If you don’t like it leave. If you think because I said Draisaitl is an unproven center, my opinion is somehow invalid, you’re the one whose outdone himself. Draistaitl has a lot to prove when anyone can come close to calling him a 1c. Playing on the wing putting up point next to McDavid doesn’t mean he’d come to a team like Montreal and have success. Oilers seem to agree as RNH and McDavid have been their centers most of the time.

Draisaitl has taken only 53 less faceoffs this season than RNH and taken 117 more faceoffs than Connor McDavid, despite playing 29 games to their 33.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Draisaitl has taken only 53 less faceoffs this season than RNH and taken 117 more faceoffs than Connor McDavid, despite playing 29 games to their 33.

They’ve gotten the majority of the Center duties, faceoffs or not. Until he’s consistently playing center in the top 6, he’s not even a bonafide 2c, let alone a sure thing 1c.

Price is Wright

Feb 5, 2010
essex
They’ve gotten the majority of the Center duties, faceoffs or not. Until he’s consistently playing center in the top 6, he’s not even a bonafide 2c, let alone a sure thing 1c.

You do realize you are arguing that Phillip Danault is a 2C and Draisaitl is not.

Have fun on that hill.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
You do realize you are arguing that Phillip Danault is a 2C and Draisaitl is not.

Have fun on that hill.

No... I’m not because I haven’t mentioned Philip Danault in any way and Edmonton and Montreal’s center situation is completely different. I get being stuck behind McDavid. But there’s no reason for him not to have the 2c locked up if he’s as good as he’s hyped up to be. He’s a great player, I’m not trying to argue his overall skill set. But is he the Center a lot of people want to believe him to be? No, not yet. Not with what he’s shown. Not sure why we’re arguing the Oilers anyways. We have far worse issues concerning our own team in when it comes to that “center” position.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Meanwhile Weber gets shut down with an injury. Guess Price is in the "I'm not trying club" by himself. Nevermind the fact that he was the only guy who showed up on Saturday. :laugh:

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
The viewing public must eat it up or else it would not be constantly going on right?

The casual fans eat their words like it's gospel.
Go on their site, look at the comments.....they are like a bunch of parrots repeating the same ideas with the same words.

They trashed Subban, Galchenyuk and Price all over their career. But even after a terrible summer, they won't go after their boy, Marc Bergevin. Small criticism for him.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Meanwhile Weber gets shut down with an injury. Guess Price is in the "I'm not trying club" by himself. Nevermind the fact that he was the only guy who showed up on Saturday. :laugh:
This Price bashing (more or less) by rds is bad for the team. I think teams with almost zero journalists covering NHL teams have better chances winning cups. All teams have their problems, it's like family problems, a lot of the problem is being exposed. Remain silent is better. In Montreal people are way too crazy about hockey, it's our soap opera show. Dany Dubé said it's the same with teams with great sport exposure, any sport, anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad