Career crossroads for many Phoenix Coyotes prospects in 2013-14

HF Article

Nov 16, 2005

The 2013-14 season will be a “put-up or shut-up” campaign for Phoenix Coyotes prospects at all levels. This season will determine whether Andy Miele belongs in the NHL and whether players like Brendan Burke and Samuel Fejes are even legitimate prospects.

As preseason camp comes to a finish, it is worthwhile to note that these prospects are in competition with each other just as much as they are with the opposing team. Max Domi has turned a lot of heads in his first professional camp but the reality is that the Coyotes are unlikely to retain both him and Andy Miele on the NHL roster.… read more

More...

Pat Paeplow

May 16, 2013
Hey Pat are you our new Coyotes HF writer or just filling in?

I am the new writer, at least until you guys crash the HF servers with complaints.

I'm interested to see how the lines shake out in Portland (or should I say Lewiston?) with Miele and Shinnimin both fighting for the top center spot. From a prospect development perspective, it might make more sense to give that valuable ice time to Shinnimin even though that might cost them a few games in the AHL standings.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad