Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
cardinals fans had been calling for matheny's head for years now

just a matter of time before they hire girardi

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
Thank the lord. Think they might go after Girardi, although the beat writers think Shildt has a real chance to keep the job.

I'd like to see Oquendo get the job. He should have gotten it over Matheny in 2012 (either him or Francona).

Wow, Big Poppa Puck called it. Only a day sooner.

I dunno why they are bothering with a bench coach. Hire Girardi or Baker.

It was more wishful thinking than calling it aha. But my wish came true, this is un-Cardinal like firing a manager midseason. Matheny should have been gone 2 years ago though.

And no thank you to Dusty.

Last edited by a moderator:

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Yadi for player/manager. :sarcasm:

I thought Arizona was going to hire Oquendo (spelling?) when they fired Kirk Gibson because LaRussa was in the front office at the time. I think he'd make a good manager.

tony d

Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Never understood the hire in the 1st place. Be interesting to see who gets the full time job. Oquendo would be a good choice.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
oquendo has been the 3B coach for like 20 years now

he deserves a chance to manage the club

Big Poppa Puck

HF's Villain
Dec 8, 2009
D-Boss' Dungeon
I'm starting to think Oquendo might not want the job at this point or he might have got the interim gig over Shildt. He did take a few years off from coaching 3B recently and was justing working down in Florida for ST and some other things.

But he should have got the job in 2012 over Matheny.

They need to fire their senior management.

Mozeliak was good at one time but he's starting to turn in to Ken Holland, technically he moved upstairs and Girsch is the GM now, but he's still pulling the strings, much like Beane is in Oakland.

Reactions: Melrose Munch

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad