Proposal: CAR/VAN

canucksfan100

Apr 3, 2007
TO VAN
Dougie Hamilton
Brock McGinn
3rd Round Pick
Conditional 1St Round Pick(If Car Wins CUP or Hamilton doesnt resign)

TO CAR
JT Miller
Tanner Pearson / Brandon Sutter (2M Retained)
Olli Juolevi

Canucks get their top 4 defenseman to play alongside Quinn Hughes, while Carolina adds a young defenseman that they dont have to protect In the expansion draft, a top 6forward to play alongside Trocheck and another depth scorer for their playoff run.

Jerkbait

Dec 12, 2019
TO VAN
Dougie Hamilton
Brock McGinn
3rd Round Pick

TO CAR
JT Miller
Olli Juolevi

Canucks get their top 4 defenseman to play alongside Quinn Hughes, while Carolina adds a young defenseman that they dont have to protect In the expansion draft, a top 6forward to play alongside Trocheck and another depth scorer for their playoff run.
Why would Carolina do this ?

zar

Bleed Blue
Sponsor
Oct 9, 2010
Edmonton AB
TO VAN
Dougie Hamilton
Brock McGinn
3rd Round Pick

TO CAR
JT Miller
Olli Juolevi

Canucks Fan 100... how appropriate of a username?!

Brutal for the Canes and Juolevi does have to be protected, based on CapFriendly

Reactions: Cardiac Jerks

Mal Reynolds

never goes smooth, how come it never goes smooth?
Sep 28, 2008
This is change for the sake of change for the Hurricanes, they could add scoring for the playoff run without giving up one of their better D. Just doesn't make much sense, although I'm sure Miller at his contract would be an appealing asset

Not sure it makes much sense for the Canucks either. Who plays in the top 6 then? I mean, I get the rationale behind getting a partner for Hughes (is Hamilton really the right complement though?) and selling high on Miller. In the case of the latter, sure it makes some sense to get value for a guy who might not be there when your window *truly* opens.... but there's also already been rumors of the departures of Markstrom & Tanev in particular causing a depletion of morale in the room, and now you sell off a quality first liner? I don't know, it just seems like a bit of a risky move when you can probably recoup similar assets for Miller down the road, should you elect not to keep him beyond his current contract

Oh, and Juolevi isn't exempt

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
The deal is OK for Vancouver I guess (arguable) but the uncertainty with Hamilton going to UFA makes this untenable.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
The deal is OK for Vancouver I guess (arguable) but the uncertainty with Hamilton going to UFA makes this untenable.

Well Canes fans can tell you it’s terrible for us so take that for what you will.

I will say, it doesn’t really make sense for Vancouver though. It’s pretty unlikely Van makes the playoffs or make any noise this year so why trade for a pending UFA in Dougie as the main piece?

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Well Canes fans can tell you it’s terrible for us so take that for what you will.

I will say, it doesn’t really make sense for Vancouver though. It’s pretty unlikely Van makes the playoffs or make any noise this year so why trade for a pending UFA in Dougie as the main piece?

Yeah, I agree. If Hamilton was extended I could see the rationale.

For Canes fans, yeah it's not a good deal for them. Pearson would be nice for you guys for a playoff run though IMO, maybe in a different deal.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Id do OPs proposal IF Hamilton signs a contract with us and that 3rd becomes a 2nd and make the stipelations on the conditional 1st just a straight up 1st for us of course lol

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver
TO VAN
Dougie Hamilton
Brock McGinn
3rd Round Pick

TO CAR
JT Miller
Olli Juolevi

I wouldn't do it without the first being guaranteed, but Carolina likely doesn't do it no matter what. Is this accurate Canes fans?

Why not simplify it to Pearson for 2nd or Miller for 1st+something significant

elitepete

Jan 30, 2017
Vancouver

Yup. Bad for both teams.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Yeah, I agree. If Hamilton was extended I could see the rationale.

For Canes fans, yeah it's not a good deal for them. Pearson would be nice for you guys for a playoff run though IMO, maybe in a different deal.

If we’re adding another forward it’s gonna be more of an impact variety. Not saying Pearson is bad but we’ve got depth. To put us over the edge we need to go more big game hunting.

Reactions: DaveG

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
If we’re adding another forward it’s gonna be more of an impact variety. Not saying Pearson is bad but we’ve got depth. To put us over the edge we need to go more big game hunting.

Well, best of luck with that, might be tough. Always had a soft spot for the Canes, hopefully you guys do well.

Hall would like nice fleshing out the top 6

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
How about this

Foegele
Bean
Prospect

for
Boeser
Benn @ 50 %

no? Of course not.
Thats not bad. Just take out Boeser and replace him with Virtanen in that deal and Id do that for sure

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
Well, best of luck with that, might be tough. Always had a soft spot for the Canes, hopefully you guys do well.

Hall would like nice fleshing out the top 6

Yeah, he’s been discussed on our board but we’ll see. If TT comes back and is playing like his usual self we have a pretty deep forward core especially with Trochek, Staal, and Necas playing so well.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad