Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Petr Mrazek re-signs with the Hurricanes (2 years, $3.125M AAV)

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
With Lehner out(and yes right now gone) there Mrazek/Reimer duo isn't that exciting.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

TheOllieC

cajun filet
Jul 12, 2013
Charlotte, NC
With Lehner out(and yes right now gone) there Mrazek/Reimer duo isn't that exciting.

Before last season a Mrazek/McElhinney/Darling net looked atrocious too. Then their goaltending ended up being very solid. Mrazek was on fire after the start of the calendar year. Low-risk signing for the Canes in hopes that he keeps that going as the #1.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Before last season a Mrazek/McElhinney/Darling net looked atrocious too. Then their goaltending ended up being very solid. Mrazek was on fire after the start of the calendar year. Low-risk signing for the Canes in hopes that he keeps that going as the #1.

I'd just rather bet on different duo to do well next year.
I hate basically nothing more than bad goaltending killing teams chances.

Lehner was out there as well.

Reactions: SaskCanesFan

Discipline Daddy

Brentcent Van Burns
Nov 27, 2009
Raleigh, NC
Mrazek - Reimer is terrible. I think McElhinney's contribution to the Canes this past year is very underrated.

These two guys have a history of letting in bad goals. Such a shame if the Canes go right back to square 1, lose tight games because other teams need less chances to score.

LOL. Yes, Mrazek, who was the best goalie we had last year, and the best goalie the Canes have employed since 2008-2009 Cam Ward, will make a terrible tandem with Reimer.

McStarter is great and all, but his body breaks down if he has to be the #1 or if he plays back-to-backs or even plays 3 games in a row. Mrazek is more than capable of being a #1, Reimer has a very solid career, and Ned just won the goalie of the year award in the AHL.

But let's go back to Darling and Ward, who definitely have way less of a history of letting in bad goals.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
As a Canes fan, I’m pretty on-board with this. Good money and good term. Darling was a sunk cost so getting a much better and cheaper goaltender to platoon is a net positive anyway you look at it.

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad