Confirmed Trade: [CAR/NJD] Sami Vatanen (50%), for Frederik Claesson, Janne Kuokkanen, and cond. 2020 4th round pick

Pitaya

Prince of the Alps, Nico Hischier
Dec 14, 2019
Barclay Goodrow is worth a 1st round pick. Sami Vatanen is worth a couple of mediocre AHLers and a conditional 3rd?

LOL wtf?
What?

Vatanen is hurt and may only play ten games before the playoffs...

And mediocre AHLer describes Claesson not Kuokkanen, who is a 21 year old 2nd round pick in the top-20 AHL scorers (who are mostly much older than 21)

coopooter

Sep 28, 2017
Thats what happens when the guy you want to trade is injured. Would have gotten a first if he continued his play when he was healthy

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Vatanen's injury clearly spooked some teams and hurt his value. Such a shame.

That being said, Kuokkanen is a pretty nice prospect that got blocked by Carolina's crazy depth. If I were Fitzgerald I'd have him report to NJ immediately and finish the season with them.

Sergei Shirokov

Jul 27, 2012
British Columbia
Seems like a bit of an underwhelming return, they must like Kuokkanen. (Maybe I'm not totally considerating SV's health tho)

When Barrie to VAN rumours we're popping yesterday Vatanen was a guy I liked as an alternative.

I like this for Carolina, they are a very good hockey team & they are rewarding their guys.

Devilsfan118

Sing us a song, you're the Schiano man
Jun 11, 2010
NJ
I am whelmed.

As others have said, I have to imagine his injury history scared off a lot of teams. Probably tanked his value.

Still, would've liked to see something better than Carolina's 8th best prospect and a conditional 4th coming back.

Ah well.

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
Basically just Kuokkonen. Not a bad price for Carolina. Vatanen will help out the PP during the stretch drive.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad