Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR/MTL] Canadiens do not match Kotkaniemi offer sheet (1 year, $6.1M), receive 2022 1st, 2022 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

justHypnos

May 4, 2011
Montreal
Habs matching would provide so much drama but for the sake of Kotkaniemi I hope they don't. He could use a fresh start and boy would he be under pressure with that caphit at Montreal...
I don't blame him for taking this contract but when he took it he willingly signed up for all the possible consequences.

Reactions: bukwas

Apex Predator

Jun 21, 2019
So regardless wherever KK ends up what if he has a bad season. He can just file for arbitration and Montreal or Carolina have to decide if he’s worth investing another year at a high cap hit?

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Let their calder nominate goalie walk for 500k but overpaid a 3C by 4 million dolars and gave away 2 picks to "own" a team isn't a win/win

They didn't let him walk. They traded him for a 3rd round pick and actually replaced him with undervalued veterans (in their eyes), for more money than they were willing to give to Ned. Call that misguided if you want, but it's definitely not cheap.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Rumor from an ex-player agent (David Ettedgui) that Bergevin is working on two trades. Sounds like a massive face-saving effort so as not to get completely burned if he announces that the Habs won’t match.

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
So regardless wherever KK ends up what if he has a bad season. He can just file for aberration and Montreal or Carolina have to decide if he’s worth investing another year at a high he cap hit?
Arbitration is minimum 85% of qo I believe, and I'm not sure how many years this can be repeated

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
So regardless wherever KK ends up what if he has a bad season. He can just file for aberration and Montreal or Carolina have to decide if he’s worth investing another year at a high he cap hit?
Not arbitration, they would have to decide whether to qualify him at 6.1 million or not. If he does not agree to a multi-year extension for the Canes, his 2022 qualifying offer cannot be less than 100% of his last contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad