Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] Jesperi Kotkaniemi signs offersheet with the Hurricanes (1 year, $6.100035M)

Status
Not open for further replies.

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Montreal should be smart take the compensation and put Caufield to 2C and have Evans at 3C and move on.
Caufield doesn’t have the defensive game to be a centre. He’s already bottom of the league defensively on the wing, they can’t really move him over to C

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
As I have said before, money clearly isn't the only problem with Ned, but it was absolutely a factor. They could have went for Andersen because they HAD to because they have no goalie and Hamilton not coming back might have been a factor too since they will have more money now that he isn't back.
wackaflocka.gif

The Head Crusher

Re-retired
Jan 3, 2008
Edmonton
I remember when everyone thought Buffalo and Anaheim would do this to Edmonton after the Vanek and Penner offer sheets. It it petty sure absolutely. But could it be good strategy a year or three down the line, only time will tell.

Reactions: DaveG

BigM2

Sep 27, 2017
Why would he sign that when he knows he can sign his QO for more?
If he doesn't perform at a value close to $6 million this season, he may well not be offered the QO next year...become a free agent, and end up signing elsewhere for a lot less than $6million/yr. If he agrees to $4million/yr for a 3 year extension, he'd be getting $18 million over the next 4 years (average of $4.5/yr) without the risk of having a bad year this year.

Or, I wouldn't be surprised if Carolina has already come to a longer trem extension deal with KK, assuming Habs don't match.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Gotta wonder if Carolina offer-sheeted Suzuki first, and settled for Kotkaniemi once they were rejected. The cap hit would make much more sense for Suzuki. Props to Waddell for taking a high-stakes gamble, but it might backfire if Montreal doesn't match. Right now, Kotkaniemi isn't worth that money.

Reactions: DaveG

Serge Menard

Aug 19, 2021
Edmundston, New Brunswick
Do we have any confirmation that he can't be traded for 1 year after signing the offer sheet? I went through the CBA and I couldn't find that detail but I do often miss things.
Hi! No They can not trade Him, He has to stay for the contract and next year if the Canadiens offer a qualification, They have to start at the same amount. Thank You and take care.

kij

Jan 31, 2016
Gotta wonder if Carolina offer-sheeted Suzuki first, and settled for Kotkaniemi once they were rejected. The cap hit would make much more sense for Suzuki. Props to Waddell for taking a high-stakes gamble, but it might backfire if Montreal doesn't match. Right now, Kotkaniemi isn't worth that money.
Suzuki isn't an RFA...?

Reactions: poobags
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad