Trade: [CAR/JAX] CJ Henderson and 5th round pick for Dan Arnold and 3rd round pick

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Seems super early to bail on a young CB. Akoda tearing his achillies and now Henderson traded the top 2 cb in 2020 draft not looking that great.

is it a scheme fit with him?

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I suspect he'll do fine in Carolina some of the reporting is it's him vs Urban Meyer type of thing. And with Horn going down (On IR) I welcome the move.

I think Tremble made Dan Arnold available.

Reactions: eXile3

Pestilence

Jan 17, 2016
Köklax, Finland
7th overall pick a year ago.. yeah yeah sunk cost fallacy, new management wants their guys, but if this is not selling on the low a 22-year (soon 23) Cornerback that had the potential that he got picked so high, and he has not been horrible from what I have seen.. dont like this as a JAX fan. I guess Meyer and all do not like the guy at all. He will probably do well in Carolina while Urban quits after the year.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tryamw

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
7th overall pick a year ago.. yeah yeah sunk cost fallacy, new management wants their guys, but if this is not selling on the low a 22-year (soon 23) Cornerback that had the potential that he got picked so high, and he has not been horrible from what I have seen.. dont like this as a JAX fan. I guess Meyer and all do not like the guy at all. He will probably do well in Carolina while Urban quits after the yer.
Mostly Agree with you I liked Dan Arnold but to me this was a steal... so Thanks? and Sorry...

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I suspect he'll do fine in Carolina some of the reporting is it's him vs Urban Meyer type of thing. And with Horn going down (On IR) I welcome the move.

I think Tremble made Dan Arnold available.

Tremble has 1 catch on season ,, I dont see why Arnold had to be moved he seems like productive TE who had some good catches in these first 3 games and Tremble/Arnold duo would have provided Panthers versatility and depth at TE position

Panthers ate taking good gamble trading for Henderson who last year flashed his talent from what I recall starting some games for Jags and looking the part of promising young CB

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Tremble has 1 catch on season ,, I dont see why Arnold had to be moved he seems like productive TE who had some good catches in these first 3 games and Tremble/Arnold duo would have provided Panthers versatility and depth at TE position

Panthers ate taking good gamble trading for Henderson who last year flashed his talent from what I recall starting some games for Jags and looking the part of promising young CB
It's a position they were strong on Tremble (rookie who has impressed) Dan Arnold most complete guy and Ian Thomas who is whatever..
With Horn going down they needed a guy and Henderson's one of the most comparable to Horn out there.. Sherman isn't really a fit for the panthers style of play this season.
I'd have loved to kept Dan Arnold but I'm more then OK with the price. And Last year we had Ian Thomas and I was hoping for Cardboard cutout. as an upgrade.

Last edited:

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
Henderson his SB has been paid so his cap hit moving forward is low so low risk.

Swapping picks is like 60 draft slots when you have to account for compensatory picks which is likely around 12-15 in rounds 3&4.

and a TE in Arnold is going the other way.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020

As much Brady talked about using TEs more this year we haven't seen it. Coach has faith in Tremble and wanted to see what he can do and with Horn out they needed help at CB. I think it's a great move.

Not sure how a 22 year old CB is washed up. Most don't even start at that age. JAX is a mess.

Reactions: Tryamw

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
7th overall pick a year ago.. yeah yeah sunk cost fallacy, new management wants their guys, but if this is not selling on the low a 22-year (soon 23) Cornerback that had the potential that he got picked so high, and he has not been horrible from what I have seen.. dont like this as a JAX fan. I guess Meyer and all do not like the guy at all. He will probably do well in Carolina while Urban quits after the year.

Heck even Fowler got 4 years to prove himself

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
The worst part of this trade is that we no longer have the "Darnold to Arnold" connection.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
Revisiting.. Well This ended up not being a good trade at all.. I'll take my crow with Buffalo sauce!.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
Revisiting.. Well This ended up not being a good trade at all.. I'll take my crow with Buffalo sauce!.

How so? Henderson has been hurt so we've barely got to see what he can do. Panthers are losing because Darnold is exactly the same player he was in New York.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad