PTO: [CAR] G Aaron Dell signs PTO with the Hurricanes

Srsly

Feb 8, 2011
Upland
Shockingly, he didn’t suck when filling in for the sharks last season. He might be able to string together a solid stretch before Freddy is cleared. I don’t think this is as laughable as the board seems to indicate.

Reactions: cptjeff

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Shockingly, he didn’t suck when filling in for the sharks last season. He might be able to string together a solid stretch before Freddy is cleared. I don’t think this is as laughable as the board seems to indicate.
Yes, not nearly as bad as people make him out to be. But then again, 90% of opinion on this board is just parroting what other posters write on account of never having actually watched the player being commented on.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
This site never ceases to impress with its insider-ness based on how many people personally know Aaron Dell.

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish
Yes, not nearly as bad as people make him out to be. But then again, 90% of opinion on this board is just parroting what other posters write on account of never having actually watched the player being commented on.
I'm going to need another poster to make a comment about this post so I can make an opinion on this.

Reactions: Mattb124

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
OMFG this is a disaster. I’m checked out mentally from this season. f*** it

I mean, it's just a PTO. They did the same with Halak, what? a month ago? And that didn't result in a fix. If this doesn't work this week, I would expect them to look to finally make another move. It's a minor move. Hell it may even be a negotiating tactic if they are in talks with a team about a goalie, trying to bring the price down by showing themselves to have another option.

Reactions: DaveG

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Raanta has a .854 this year.

That’s actually lower than Devils-era Dell, with twice the sample size.

Dell would have to be absolute dogwater to not be arguably better than Raanta right now.
Yes, even the Scott Darling debacle in Raleigh had Darling put up a 3.18 / .888 in 43 games and a 3.33 / .884 in a small sample (8 games) in 18-19, followed by somehow worse stats in Charlotte.

Raanta has been sub-Darling, which no one would have predicted.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
The Germans?

s-l1600[1].jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad