PTO: [CAR] G Aaron Dell signs PTO with the Hurricanes

Whaddagoal

Junktime season...
Nov 28, 2005
New Jersey
Dell was terrible for the Devils a few seasons ago. But I guess that could have been circumstantial...

I hadn't followed Canes goalies this season but I know they have been not good. But is Dell really the answer?

Mosby

Salt Lake Bound
Feb 16, 2012
Toronto
If he is not arguably better than Raanta than what’s the point? Invest in a real solution.

Reactions: zeeto

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
1702912899207.gif

japhi

Jul 7, 2014
CAR has done well in the past swapping guys, showing little loyalty to anyone an inch outside the core. But past performance is not indicative of future performance and here we are and a pretty talented team has some big gaps down the middle - Trochek is almost PPG wit NYR - and they don't have a legit G.

What seemed like a pretty unique way to build a roster seems to be fizzling out.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Are things REALLY this desperate in Carolina?
If they are getting positive reports on Andersen coming back then a short-term goalie makes sense:

I don't like the idea of Kochetkov/Perets for the time being, so signing Dell makes sense if Waddell is right about Andersen.

If Andersen is done for the season? This won't cut it, but signing Dell now also doesn't prevent them from making a future move if Andersen has a setback and they need a bigger upgrade.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
If they are getting positive reports on Andersen coming back then a short-term goalie makes sense:

I don't like the idea of Kochetkov/Perets for the time being, so signing Dell makes sense if Waddell is right about Andersen.

If Andersen is done for the season? This won't cut it, but signing Dell now also doesn't prevent them from making a future move if Andersen has a setback and they need a bigger upgrade.

Man I thought his career was finished, the fact that he's been cleared to start skating again that's awesome hopefully he comes back that wasn't the way I wanted to see him go out.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Dell was terrible for the Devils a few seasons ago. But I guess that could have been circumstantial...

I hadn't followed Canes goalies this season but I know they have been not good. But is Dell really the answer?
no not even close to the answer IMO. But is he the best of a bunch of REALLY bad options until Freddy is back which is expected in about a month or so now apparently? Maybe.

newsportsfan123

Dec 16, 2019
I mean to be fair he can’t be on Raanta’s level this season, the only time he was on that level was with the Devils.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad