Confirmed Signing with Link: [CAR] F Gleb Trikozov signs ELC with the Hurricanes (3 years, $862.5k AAV; begins 2024-25)

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Ottawa should trade him and tell him to live in the Gleb(e) even if it would be help to get the rink at times and it seems to be mostly old people who live there.

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Only two KHL games this season, spending most of the year in the VHL.

What have Canes seen to sign him?

Goptor

Jun 30, 2016
Where is he going to play?

Are the Canes planning on having an AHL team this year?

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
According to a Russian poster in the prospects thread, once they knew he was coming to NA, they demoted him from the KHL. If true, I can’t say I blame them.

Trikozov had 21 pts in 39 VHL games so it's not a clear cut case of a guy being too good for that league, as it is with some players. He's still only 19 and there's very few players that age in the KHL.

Weird he didn't send him to GULAG...

Yes new policy, they feed players to Russian bear if they try to leave the country.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Trikozov has tools few have: good size, can skate and shoot, and it doesn't look like he has problems with IQ. But in the MHL (yeah, weak league as people here say) playoff quaterfinals his team lost the series, despite started it with two wins, and Trikozov didn't look great in those games lost.

Last edited:

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Trikozov has tools few have: good size, can skate and shoot, and it doesn't look like he has problems with IQ. But in the MHL (yeah, weak league as people here say) playoff quaterfinals his team lost the series, despite started it with two wins, and Trikozov didn't look great in those games lost.
How would you compare him to Ponomaryov?

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
How would you compare him to Ponomaryov?

Hard to say, I haven't watched Ponomarev for really long. Honestly I don't follow Trikozov that close either. I watched him a few times, he really looked impressive sometimes, almost like young Malkin. But then you understand he's not Geno, he tends to disappear in games way too often.

Reactions: chaz4hockey

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Trikozov had 21 pts in 39 VHL games so it's not a clear cut case of a guy being too good for that league, as it is with some players. He's still only 19 and there's very few players that age in the KHL.

Yes new policy, they feed players to Russian bear if they try to leave the country.
Aren't they also have tigers?

Unsustainable

Seth Jarvis is Elite
Apr 14, 2012
North Carolina
From what I read, he had ice time cut and demoted because he was indicating he was planning on coming to NA sooner rather than later.

Reactions: Tryamw

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
From what I read, he had ice time cut and demoted because he was indicating he was planning on coming to NA sooner rather than later.

Demoted from where? He was never an established KHLer.

He actually had VHL his ice time increased around the New Years after a terrible mid-season slump.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Only two KHL games this season, spending most of the year in the VHL.

What have Canes seen to sign him?
He was a recent second round pick and is willing to sign before committing to an unknown future amount of time in Russia. There is no out clause because there isn’t a transfer agreement and he is the same age as kids aging out of Canadian juniors this season. If you get tricky then for all you know, in two years he is established and will only sign with some nhl ice time assurances and it’s messy because now the khl team can offer him more money and a bigger role. There is not much reason not to sign him if he is willing to sign unless they were concerned about total number of contracts.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad