Confirmed Trade: [CAR/EDM] Dylan Wells to Carolina for future considerations

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
I thought we were going to expose Beck Warm as our goalie? Guess not.

He is exempt per CapFriendly. Looks like Helvig (RFA 2021) can/will be exposed per the minimum requirement for exposure for the goalie position.

Goalies1
  • under contract in 2021-22, OR
  • who’s contract is expiring and is an RFA at the end of 2020-21
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
Clearly expansion draft reasons to expose a goalie.

I thought we were going to expose Beck Warm as our goalie? Guess not.

Beck Warm is exempt but Helvig already meets the requirement

this is a good go-to resource re Expansion draft:
Seattle Expansion Draft Simulator - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps

given Helvig's off-ice situation, perhaps Canes prefer Wells for minor-league depth going forward
Greenville Swamp Rabbits' hockey player arrested in Orlando on accusation of battery

Reactions: Tryamw and DaveG

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Can someone who knows comment on this? I thought trading future considerations was a thing of the past
The thing they forbade recently was conditions on a pick to make it more onerous to sign a player. So, for example 4th that becomes 2nd if the traded player re-signs.

This probably is getting confused to future considerations. NHL Central Registry wouldn't have approved this trade if future considerations were forbidden.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Wells has been very bad at the pro level. Had a single decent ECHL year, but outside of that...quite bad. Oilers planning on bringing over Konovalov who will take his spot so this was a guy we weren't going to qualify

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Well it probably should have been expected that teams who aren't meeting the requirements to make these little side deals of little consequence.

Although I have to say, at one point Wells was higher profile. Carolina is a bit of a goalie factory lately. Maybe they can do something with him.

Huh? Carolina has never been even close to this at any point in franchise history.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad