GDT: CAR @ CBJ || Game 38 || 4PM

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
KJ what a move! Hopefully this Marchenko we're seeing is what we can expect to see from him from here on out!

Reactions: LJ7

Monstershockey

Sponsor
Dec 31, 2017
Nice win. Great games by Korpi, Johnson, and Marchenko. Kirill has just kept what he had going in Cleveland. The helpers will come when he gets some linemates that can score. Would love to see them keep building on this.

Reactions: MoeBartoli and LJ7

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
An example of what a real goalie should look like. I think the Caps game could have been completely different if Korpi was in the net.

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
Sillinger's line has been excellent, especially Kirill. It isn't only about hattrick, but he has created chances for him and his partners, take the puck and good battles about the puck.

I think lines are ideal now because Gaudreau and Johnson need a player who can play in the front of net, be good in for checking and similar. Laine must return his conditions, his injuries and COVID still showing on him. I'm not sure whether Johnny played. 😉

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
I like that Larsen switched PP1 and 2 at the end, Laine and Gaudreau might need some extra motivation
The first PP Unit has to change the zone transition, players who don't have the puck have to be on the move. And when the puck did get into the zone, it was mostly on the right side, between Gaudreau and Bjork. It must play like the second PP Unit, which always moves.

MoeBartoli

Checkers-to-Jackets
Jan 12, 2011
Lars should do the opposite of what his instincts tell him. He’s be a decent coach.
My interesting takeaway from tonight after looking at the main stat sheet - the more you score the less you play. Marchenko’s hatty was achieved with 13:50 TOI and KJ’s two assists is just 13:30. Only Bemstrom (with one assist) and Meyer had less TOI among forwards. :handclap:…..Foudy/Olivier/Kuraly played far more 5 on 5 and outshot 11-2.:clap:

Reactions: MAHJ71

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
My interesting takeaway from tonight after looking at the main stat sheet - the more you score the less you play. Marchenko’s hatty was achieved with 13:50 TOI and KJ’s two assists is just 13:30. Only Bemstrom (with one assist) and Meyer had less TOI among forwards. :handclap:…..Foudy/Olivier/Kuraly played far more 5 on 5 and outshot 11-2.:clap:
Good to see others hating on the Kuraly line too. They get stuck on D-zone for minutes every other shift and yet they play big minutes almost every game.

Overplaying them is among the list of many issues this team has

ThirdPeriodTurtle

Jul 13, 2022
Finland
Postgame quotes are up on YouTube (Marchenko, Sillinger, Johnson, Larsen):

"Same thing, same play"

Seems like Marchenko is picking up English pretty fast as he goes along, he's improved noticeably since the preseason I think.

Reactions: ViD

MAHJ71

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2014
NWA 217
Had a feeling it would be a close game after hearing about Larsen conducting an "intense" practice yesterday. Funny how it works like that sometimes..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad