GDT: Capz @ Maple Syruppers. 7pm EST. Canada-land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Avoid at all costs….if we had to play them in the first round….I’d take the higher draft pick lol…

Just a kryptonite-like matchup for us….

Good thing that will only happen if they meet in the ECF. Tampa is creeping up on the Leafs, but Toronto has played lesser games.

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
Their last two games, the Leafs had lost to the Devs 3-6 at home and to Canes 1-2 on the road. I imagine they were wanted to put together a W at home. I didn't see the game v. the Devils but it's hard to imagine they would've lost it if they played like they are tonight.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC
Huh? They are about to be passed by tampa

You mean about to be tied. The next Atlantic team near them are the Wings who are 10pts behind and are currently getting spanked by the Hurrycaines. So maybe a little hyperbole, but they're not fighting for the lives for a PO spot.

This team needs more Willy.

ClevelandCapsfan

May 24, 2021
The tank is back baby.
IMG_6896.jpeg

Reactions: usiel

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Leafs are heavily motivated to play against their former assistant coach Carbery, but they don't play like this against a lot of other teams!

Positive: Caps didn't lose any ground with their playoff position and games in hand on Flyers/Wings.

Negative: Caps didn't gain any ground and were blown out by the Loafs in 3 games.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
so basically it was an ok time for a loss,

still up 2 points on wings (who lost tonight) with game in hand
still 1 point behind flyers (who lost tonight) with 2 games in hand
they were going to drop one eventually, this seems like the right one to drop.

It's not fantastic that the Leafs have their number but at least it's only the Leafs at this point.

Fred22406Capsfan

Jan 19, 2020
Lordy, you take away our games with Toronto and our goal differential (still BAD) doesn't quite so HOLY S(&#! Random thought. On to the next, get two next time boys.

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
Their last two games, the Leafs had lost to the Devs 3-6 at home and to Canes 1-2 on the road. I imagine they were wanted to put together a W at home. I didn't see the game v. the Devils but it's hard to imagine they would've lost it if they played like they are tonight.
2nd time in 8 days this has happened. We are their Gatorade. They always “get well” against us.

Terrible match up. Almost all of their goals were of the greasy variety. But got outshot like what, 50-20 or whatever?

Only silver lining (and it’s a shiny one) is Canes and Habs took care of business for us. So while we lost, we didnt lose any ground (save to the Isles), and drained another game away.

Hosting Boston is YUGE

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
When I saw on the schedule we had to play the Loafs for a 3rd time, my first thought was, "crap this gonna be a game we are chasing too much again". It was a complete hope game they got destroyed in. Flyers should have beaten the Habs, but after the Habs beat the Avs 2-1 in Colorado, I was hoping the Habs could beat the Flyers which did happen.

HandsomeTom43

May 2, 2018
This loss is fine. We're just an atrocious matchup vs. Leafs, but I bet if we played them in the playoffs we take them to 6.

Can't win every game, there have to be losses. May as well be to the Leafs.

I'll be going to the Canes-Caps game in a week, almost just because it is a relevant game. When I saw us play @ Pitt Jan 2nd, I had the time of my life but the game was largely meaningless at the time, so I'm excited, get to see Kuzy and Orly too . If anyone goes let me buy you a beer.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

Fred22406Capsfan

Jan 19, 2020
This loss is fine. We're just an atrocious matchup vs. Leafs, but I bet if we played them in the playoffs we take them to 6.

Can't win every game, there have to be losses. May as well be to the Leafs.

I'll be going to the Canes-Caps game in a week, almost just because it is a relevant game. When I saw us play @ Pitt Jan 2nd, I had the time of my life but the game was largely meaningless at the time, so I'm excited, get to see Kuzy and Orly too . If anyone goes let me buy you a beer.
Six? Beer induced prediction - we'll get to a series with them and sweep their Aunt Jemima asses back north of the border :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad