GDT: Capz @ Maple Syruppers. 7pm EST. Canada-land.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
They've had our number for a few years. From my experience watching the two teams play live almost every time they come to Toronto, it comes from the fact that the Leafs transition very quickly and generate a lot of shots on goal.

The 18 shots they sent weren't all quality, a lot of them were from the outside. They do cause the Caps D to run around to get to rebounds, which tires them out eventually.
My point is that Carbery knows this team inside and out and they still struggle big time.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Sgarbossa just got the heart of the issue, to my eyes.

The Leafs do not stop stick checking and they're willing to take chances from behind so long as they consciously try not to hook. The Caps seem to often get their back to somebody and think they have time to make a play, and then they're hassled by a stronger stick check than normal and forced to make bad decisions. These guys are really strong on the stick, Caps need to play with urgency and stop thinking they can slow the play down just by being in good position because it's not happening right now.

Reactions: Empty Goal Net

Empty Goal Net

Do I see another GOAT?
Feb 13, 2010
Since the Leafs don't stand between the Caps and a playoff spot, I'd settle for a point out of this one. But the Caps have shown an ability to come back, so 2 pts aren't out of the question.

Reactions: troyerlaw

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
The ignore button is a wonderful feature.
Rather take it to task for the garbage it is, it's still a discussion board after all. You show up to be miserable and then something good happens and your reflex is to diminish what was very clearly an intentional deflection so you can keep pouting.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
Rather take it to task for the garbage it is, it's still a discussion board after all. You show up to be miserable and then something good happens and your reflex is to diminish what was very clearly an intentional deflection so you can keep pouting.
Don’t care what you think dude. I’m not here to group think with you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad