Captain of Dinamo Saint Petersburg junior team dies after taking puck to neck during playoff game

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
My God that is freaking brutal. It was literally a nothing play that happens hundreds of times a season(actually hitting someone, a dump in like that happens hundreds of times a day). Many significantly worse. Last night Austin Watson took a puck to the head/neck area and I immediately thought of this.

Just a travesty. My condolences to the family.

Helmet reform to come? I mean, no one should die playing a sport, just heartbreaking.

Spirit of 67

Nov 25, 2016
Aurora, On.
There is video, I wouldn't post it even though it looks like an innocent play.

The video is in the other thread for those who wish to see it.

WARNING: It's a fairly innocent play but knowing the outcome it makes it uncomfortable to watch.

Sep 18, 2009
My God that is freaking brutal. It was literally a nothing play that happens hundreds of times a season(actually hitting someone, a dump in like that happens hundreds of times a day). Many significantly worse. Last night Austin Watson took a puck to the head/neck area and I immediately thought of this.

Helmet reform to come? I mean, no one should die playing a sport, just heartbreaking.
Full cage and neck guard

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
Total fluke accident. The kid who shot that puck and made that innocent play is probably gonna have that in his mind for a while. Absolutely terrible.
My condolences to the family and friends, as well as all the players involved. No one should die that young playing the game they love.

BigHitter67

Feb 6, 2014

'Helmet reform to come'
Damn right !!! This should NEVER happen!!! If goalies can shrug off a 110mile blast to head then they can build a fool-proof helmet for players !!! Unacceptable!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad