Post-Game Talk: CAPTAIN MORGAN!!! | LEAFS WIN 4-3 IN OVERTIME

Status
Not open for further replies.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Actually it was the wrong call. They had to assess 2 after a 5 review, but there shouldn't have been a 5 to review.
I believe he got the 2 for roughing in the aftermath of Point falling down, not for "boarding"

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
One thing I’d like to see is Matthews get tougher. He has 3 inches and 30 pounds on Stamkos. He shouldn’t be getting tossed around by Stamkos.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
200w.webp
This should definitely on our next home GDT. It would take the crayons to the next level.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
I'd like to see Luke Schenn score 60 Goals.

But that's not his role now, is it?
But even Ovie, Crosby, Stamkos, Toews etc have at least a tiny, tiny bit of physical toughness. Matthews is literally 0. And unlike Kane or Kessel, Matthews actually has size and strength so he could rough it up just a little bit now and then even though I agree it’s not his role. Even just doing what Stamkos does is good enough.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
But even Ovie, Crosby, Stamkos, Toews etc have at least a tiny, tiny bit of physical toughness. Matthews is literally 0. And unlike Kane or Kessel, Matthews actually has size and strength so he could rough it up just a little bit now and then even though I agree it’s not his role. Even just doing what Stamkos does is good enough.

In what way is Stamkos a tougher player other than jumping Matthews last night...?

You comparing Matthews to Kane or Kessel is an absolute joke :laugh:

Dragao6

Dec 25, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Marner has played well in the playoffs his whole career. he has 41 points in 42 playoff games including 8 in three games this year.
Just like saying matthews has been good this series with his 5 pts in 3 games and nylander with his 4pts while he runs away from tampas players lol

Then when we get eliminated leafs nation asks for these guys to all get traded because they shy away in playoffs lol

Community

44 is Rielly good
Oct 30, 2010
The Darkest Timeline

Yawn. Of players to score 60pts+, Matthews was in the top 20 for hits. 8th in hits of the 31 players with 80pts+.

Hes a smart physical player. He doesn't need to (nor should he) be overly physical. He's similar to McDavid in that regard where he uses his body well to force turnovers. I don't care if he never has another fighting major in his career, that's not his game.

Look at game #2 of last year. Matthews had a turnover and assist because of a good physical play which he does FAR more often then you give credit for and more often than most ppg+ players.

Puckstuff

May 12, 2010
Milton
Yawn. Of players to score 60pts+, Matthews was in the top 20 for hits. 8th in hits of the 31 players with 80pts+.

Hes a smart physical player. He doesn't need to (nor should he) be overly physical. He's similar to McDavid in that regard where he uses his body well to force turnovers. I don't care if he never has another fighting major in his career, that's not his game.

Look at game #2 of last year. Matthews had a turnover and assist because of a good physical play which he does FAR more often then you give credit for and more often than most ppg+ players.
It’s more about being strong during territorial scrums. Stamkos flat out dominated Matthews emotionally and physically. Sports is very psychological. Crosby learned ths. O’Reilly also gets it. Matthews and McDavid need to learn it.

Last edited:

tmlms13

Apr 11, 2012
Waterloo, Ontario
Florida is the armpit of the US. I was told this by my American friends/cousins so..

Just the messenger here.

I usually describe Florida as a different body part of America. One that is a little further down if you know what I mean.

Then Buffalo must be the a
Hole

Nah that's Detroit and Windsor is Canada's......

Reactions: Teeder Keon

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
It's like you're not even trying anymore. Your game is off.

At least Interactif has some better material.
Tough weekend for Mess. Leafs won yesterday, his Islanders are a loss away from elimination, and his Oilers could be in the same boat after tonight.
Stamkos is Macedonian, he has extra strength in the wrists
His mother is Scottish. That's the determining factor.

Reactions: pdson

alliuk12

Feb 1, 2011
Wow if anyone ever thought the leafs holl was bad on defence you should watch the oilers defence i’ sooner have holl then any of the oilers defence jeeze they are bad

Reactions: Wendelstache
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad