Captain Material in the 2011 Draft...

• Thread starter Seguins Dragon*
  • Start date

Seguins Dragon*

Okay, which guys has the "intangibles" and are current leaders on their team, and most expect will be leaders/captains once in the NHL?

From reading, it seems one can qualify Landeskog as a possible future NHL captain...

Who else in this draft has Captain material??

fazon

Oct 17, 2010
Landeskog is definitely captain material. Reminds me of a Mike Richards.

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Add McNeil. Fights, hits, and puts up numbers. Spearheading an attempt to upset the Blades in the 1st round of the Dub playoffs (a matchup that sees arguably the best CHL team against an 8th seed that had 25 fewer wins).

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Siemens definitely.

He was named as an assistant this year as a (barely) 17 year old. He turned it down once Stefan Elliott returned from Avalanche camp.

He's a leader on and off the ice and is definitely captain material. He could even be the Blades captain next year as an 18 year old. It would likely be between him and Josh Nicholls next year if Hamilton isn't back.

KlattNazty

Feb 3, 2011
Siemens definitely.

He was named as an assistant this year as a (barely) 17 year old. He turned it down once Stefan Elliott returned from Avalanche camp.

He's a leader on and off the ice and is definitely captain material. He could even be the Blades captain next year as an 18 year old. It would likely be between him and Josh Nicholls next year if Hamilton isn't back.

I know you are quite the expert on the WHL. Could you tell me a bit about Josh Nicholls? Beyond the numbers and beyond on quite the team, I dont know much about him. Whats his skillset like? Skating? He seems to be a leader? 2way play?

Any information would be great!

R S

Sep 18, 2006
I know you are quite the expert on the WHL. Could you tell me a bit about Josh Nicholls? Beyond the numbers and beyond on quite the team, I dont know much about him. Whats his skillset like? Skating? He seems to be a leader? 2way play?

Any information would be great!

Good size at 6'2, 6'3. Very wiry, could use more weight.

Good skater, good top end speed. Plays physical and will be a bigger force in that regard once he adds more weight.

Good shot, good passer. Very smart player. Plays the PP and the PK. I like him a lot and have said in the past I think he could potentially be a 3rd liner in the NHL.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Phillip Danault

His coach was quoted in the hockey news saying he believes Danault is a future NHL captain. He also raved about his work ethic and determination. Similar praise was given to Ryan O'Reilly in his draft year by his coach in Erie.

KlattNazty

Feb 3, 2011
Good size at 6'2, 6'3. Very wiry, could use more weight.

Good skater, good top end speed. Plays physical and will be a bigger force in that regard once he adds more weight.

Good shot, good passer. Very smart player. Plays the PP and the PK. I like him a lot and have said in the past I think he could potentially be a 3rd liner in the NHL.

Glad to hear he is not severely lacking in one area. Smart players are key when it comes to drafting imo. Have all the tools you want, useless without the tool box.

EDIT: i know that the blades will be losing a fair amount of players next year, but what kind of year do you expect for nicholls renegade?

Last edited:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Glad to hear he is not severely lacking in one area. Smart players are key when it comes to drafting imo. Have all the tools you want, useless without the tool box.

EDIT: i know that the blades will be losing a fair amount of players next year, but what kind of year do you expect for nicholls renegade?

I have him pegged as one of the WHL leading scorers. I wouldn't be shocked if he is around 90-100 points. He will be counted on big time.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad