Injury Report: Captain JT injury (aftermath)

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
Imagine a surprise return from the captain on the ice. Scores a hat trick for a 3-2 win and celebrates the first leafs series win since 2004. The fake crowd goes wild and for the final GWG the commentator says “Tavares... pad stop price, Tavares wrap. SCORE!!! John Tavares!!.... and the 17 year drought is OVER!!

The mind can find so many illusions to replace reality it’s actually terrifying at times
I was thinking a similar thing this morning so you’re not alone haha.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
highly unlikely since according to the nhlpa/nhl concussion return to play there is more steps he would have to go though to play. he no doubt will be at the game and could be in the lockeroom but not cleared to play. he has at stage 4 of return to play there is 6 stages to return to play . anyone can download the nhl concussion info

I guess he has a busy day tomorrow if he plans to blow through multiple stages of the protocol lol

We’ll at least need to see him practicing in red jersey to know things are getting even remotely close.

Reactions: Coachcorner

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
highly unlikely since according to the nhlpa/nhl concussion return to play there is more steps he would have to go though to play. he no doubt will be at the game and could be in the lockeroom but not cleared to play. he has at stage 4 of return to play there is 6 stages to return to play . anyone can download the nhl concussion info
Nice job.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011

We’ll at least need to see him practicing in red jersey to know things are getting even remotely close.

In regular blue! But let’s not pretend he’s taking hits in optional skate.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Just his presence alone with the group instead of an individual skate should be inspiring enough for these guys to show up on time and blow them out of the building.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Just his presence alone with the group instead of an individual skate should be inspiring enough for these guys to show up on time and blow them out of the building.

They’re giving these guys a lot to play for. Vets like Spezza, Thornton. Getting JT back into the lineup. Healthcare workers in the stands.

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
They’re giving these guys a lot to play for. Vets like Spezza, Thornton. Getting JT back into the lineup. Healthcare workers in the stands.
So the healthcare workers went through milord? Yesterday thay said its a no go no? It was decided yesterday that no sire?

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I have it on a d*mn good source that JT has told Leafs he wants to play tonite .. will Shanny/Dubiew let him go or not? .. that is da question now .. he has had no symptoms at all .. even night of hit he had no headaches or nausea .. so not 1 single headache since game 1 .. I hope they let him play but my best guess is Shanny will let medical team decide

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
So the healthcare workers went through milord? Yesterday thay said its a no go no? It was decided yesterday that no sire?

It sounds confirmed today that there will be 550.

I think most likely what happened is the government said no to 2500, but settled on a lower number.

You call me lord in jest, but I own enough land in the UK to literally considered a lord. Not that that is a hard thing to accomplish in 2021. So you are technically correct, sire.

Reactions: Coachcorner

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
I have it on a d*mn good source that JT has told Leafs he wants to play tonite .. will Shanny/Dubiew let him go or not? .. that is da question now .. he has had no symptoms at all .. even night of hit he had no headaches or nausea .. so not 1 single headache since game 1 .. I hope they let him play but my best guess is Shanny will let medical team decide
He’s the Captain I bet he’s been saying since game 2 he wants in. 15 years ago he would have been back in the lineup for game 2 I won’t be surprised at all to see him play tonight.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
He’s the Captain I bet he’s been saying since game 2 he wants in. 15 years ago he would have been back in the lineup for game 2 I won’t be surprised at all to see him play tonight.
I hope ur right .. but my gut tells me Leafs medical team won't clear him

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
It sounds confirmed today that there will be 550.

I think most likely what happened is the government said no to 2500, but settled on a lower number.

You call me lord in jest, but I own enough land in the UK to literally considered a lord. Not that that is a hard thing to accomplish in 2021. So you are technically correct, sire.
Thank for the answer conserning the crowd milord. And I KNEW it all along the rest of the stuff. :clap:

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
It will be a real tough call for them, it would look really bad on them if he was cleared and got hit high again tonight and was out long term because of it. JT is probably pushing them hard right now has he ever won a playoffs series before?

I think yes, 1, in 2016.

Reactions: peconcan

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
It will be a real tough call for them, it would look really bad on them if he was cleared and got hit high again tonight and was out long term because of it. JT is probably pushing them hard right now has he ever won a playoffs series before?

We won't see him tonight. I just don't see any scenario where he is back this series. But like I said in another post, if we advance he is likely in next series.

JT AM da real deal

Oct 4, 2018
I think he is back next series if we win tonight, but I don't think the medical staff clears him this series. It has to be minimum 2 full weeks.
Yes I think you are right .. his only chance in his pleas will be his contention that he was never concussed at all .. he will tell them he has had zero symptoms and zero medical tests saying he suffered a concussion outside Leaf PR stuff which he will say was not true

Reactions: TopChedder

29Potvin

Jan 27, 2012
London Ontario
For the first time in 23 years, the New York Islanders will be going to the second round of the Stanley Cup Playoffs thanks to this warparound beauty from captain John Tavares that came 11 minutes into double overtime against the Florida Panthers during Game 6 on Sunday night.

Reactions: peconcan

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Which is fine. Honestly, the Leafs should be able to win this one for him without him (or even Muzzin).

Fully agreed. I am amazed that JT was able to walk away from what he did intact. He really is one hell of a lucky athlete.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad