Captain Claude

4thline4life

Jul 12, 2010
We are 0-2 with him, shows bad leadership skills : sarcasm: but agreed him and bryz have been the best players so far and it hasn't been close. The rest of the team needs to take the captain's lead and wake up.

FlyingHigh28*

Is it possible that he actually looks better this year than he did last?! He looks on a different planet to anyone on the ice so far.

It's certainly possible he will take another step forward this year, but at this point, he's actually looked a step or two slow to me and he's generated far less scoring chances so far than he did last year IMO.

I think it's simply a case of lockout legs and a lack of chemistry w/ his linemates, but nonetheless, I don't see where you're coming from with the "he looks on a different planet" thing. Giroux has probably looked like our best player thus far, but there are plenty of players league wide who are on better early season form (Vanek for example, Jagr, Malkin, etc.). I'm not saying those guys are better players than Giroux, but they're in better early season form at this point.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
While he doesn't have a goal yet, Simmonds looks like one of the best Flyers on the ice to me...

FlyingHigh28*

Agreed. I also don't think he looks as good.

He's made a few nice moves, but he also looks a step or two slow and has had quite a few giveaways / turnovers. He's just not the "crisp" Claude Giroux that I'm used to seeing. Until we get 5-10 games in though, I'm going to chalk this up to lockout legs.

I also think it's encouraging that he hasn't necessarily looked as good as he did last year, yet he still has 2 goals in 2 games.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad