Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
4life-wwe.gif

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I watched all the movies from iron man to endgame, but I kinda wonder if I will ever get back into it what with the seven hundred shows out there that I have to assume are kinda important to follow?

Bowski

GO LEAFS GO!
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2004
Kitchener
I watched all the movies from iron man to endgame, but I kinda wonder if I will ever get back into it what with the seven hundred shows out there that I have to assume are kinda important to follow?
Seems the comic book movies/shows have turned into what actual comic books were (and probably still are, I'm out of the scene).
You'll see a huge number of new ones per month/quarter, and if interested pick up a few.

Petey But Really Jim

Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Really hope it's a step up from Cap and the Winter Soldier. I have no issue whatsoever with Sam Wilson being the new Cap but the show left me incredibly whelmed.
I was bringing out my pitchfork until I realized you meant the tv show. Captain America: The Winter Soldier to me is probably the single best movie in the MCU.

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
Really hope it's a step up from Cap and the Winter Soldier. I have no issue whatsoever with Sam Wilson being the new Cap but the show left me incredibly whelmed.
Incredibly whelmed would be much the same as overwhelmed. I am gruntled at the thought

It's in my top 3. GotG is still number 1 for me.
Infinity war for mine is #1. Seamlessly bringing together that entire cast. Nailed it.

Petey But Really Jim

Sponsor
May 3, 2021
It's in my top 3. GotG is still number 1 for me.

Incredibly whelmed would be much the same as overwhelmed. I am gruntled at the thought

Infinity war for mine is #1. Seamlessly bringing together that entire cast. Nailed it.
My particular affection for Cap 2 is I feel it is the strongest representation of “If the action was a little toned down and nobody had any unnatural powers, this movie still works as a damn good spy thriller” in the MCU. Not that any of them need to be that, but I like that it is. Does that make any sense?

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas

Fair point. About both. But to me Guardians is just timeless. I can always watch it and enjoy myself. The jokes are a little dated and not good for more than a chuckle given how many times I've rewatched but it's just such a tight and entertaining story from start to finish.

Reactions: Behn Wilson

JohnC

Jan 26, 2013
New York
Infinity War for me as well. To make a movie with that big of a cast where the main character is the villain that wins in the end? It was pretty damn impressive. IMO it set a really high bar that they've only come close to clearing once (Endgame) since the movie released.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Mrs_NyQuil is really starting to get turned off with the MCU with the overwhelming CGI, time travel, multiverses and magic.

What was nice about the earlier fare is that it was more bound in current reality.

Winter Soldier I think is the best of the films, along with Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther and Thor: Ragnarok. Spider Man: Homecoming was good as well.

I think Avengers are great as an achievement in franchise history, but on their own if you haven't seen any of the other films, I don't know if they are as good. Infinity War and Endgame were definitely very good - maybe it's that I have a hard time comparing them to the more individual films.

Reactions: Bakayoko Ono

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Mrs_NyQuil is really starting to get turned off with the MCU with the overwhelming CGI, time travel, multiverses and magic.

What was nice about the earlier fare is that it was more bound in current reality.

Winter Soldier I think is the best of the films, along with Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Black Panther and Thor: Ragnarok. Spider Man: Homecoming was good as well.

I think Avengers are great as an achievement in franchise history, but on their own if you haven't seen any of the other films, I don't know if they are as good. Infinity War and Endgame were definitely very good - maybe it's that I have a hard time comparing them to the more individual films.
We knew it was coming I mean it's all over the comics and they have been following the comics, with generally small modification, and will continue.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
We knew it was coming I mean it's all over the comics and they have been following the comics, with generally small modification, and will continue.

Great, but as a non-comic book reader, it's not as interesting to her.

As I said earlier, the more they go down the comic book nerd angle, the more that the mainstream fan will be turned off.

She liked Hawkeye for example, because it seemed more "human".

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Great, but as a non-comic book reader, it's not as interesting to her.

As I said earlier, the more they go down the comic book nerd angle, the more that the mainstream fan will be turned off.

She liked Hawkeye for example, because it seemed more "human".
Ohh I get it and Feige, said Friday I think, that they were planning more like that, stuff that might not have huge links to the MCU even if part of it. I guess we shall see how that plays out.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Ohh I get it and Feige, said Friday I think, that they were planning more like that, stuff that might not have huge links to the MCU even if part of it. I guess we shall see how that plays out.

Yeah I read that Spider-Man and Daredevil were going to be "street-level heroes".

PeteWorrell

[...]
Aug 31, 2006
Count me in the Winter Soldier bandwagon. That movie served to really establish Captain America as a character and how he had to be taken seriously. Same with Hydra as a serious and credible threat. It helps that the fighting choreography and action scenes are gorgeous and they will age really well compared to some Marvel movies that rely too much on CGI.

beowulf

Not a nice guy.
Jan 29, 2005
Ottawa
Count me in the Winter Soldier bandwagon. That movie served to really establish Captain America as a character and how he had to be taken seriously. Same with Hydra as a serious and credible threat. It helps that the fighting choreography and action scenes are gorgeous and they will age really well compared to some Marvel movies that rely too much on CGI.
Thing is with most modern movies there is a lot more CGI than people realize. And when you are making movies with characters like a giant green dude, a talking racoon, a sentient tree, and all other manners of monster and aliens it is hard to not have CGI.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad