Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Tank commanders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johannes de Silentio

Aug 6, 2015
Washington, D.C.
Great chance to really make this an uphill climb for CBJ and PIT. We're playing the dead-last team with nothing to gain, and their next games are against a highly determined CAR team (on the road) and a very good CHI team, respectively.

If it's 110, 105, 103 with six games to go, I'm going to start feeling pretty decent.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
Backstrom tied for 2nd in the league. What a year he's having. With a game in hand he could take sole possession of the 2nd spot. Man o man is the top line and ovi beating up at the right time

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I am embarrassed to admit this, but this game does make me wonder if we cant get another hat trick for Ov and another 3 assist game for Backstrom?

That said, we need a goal from Burakovsky, Beagle or Wilson, Shattenkirk and a couple points from Kuzy one way or another.

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Main board would explode if Backstrom somehow find a way to beat McDavid in scoring race, so I can only dream about another 3-4 points night, a couple of goals for Ovie and no injuries. Which probably means 2-1 Avalanche OT

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Damn, that's cold. They're already having the worst season ever so I don't think they need any sarcasm to go along with that. :p:

Well I admit that my post was made to be read like a sarcastic one, but I really like their jersey and logo. And it's dating from the 90's when they were rivals of the Detroit Russians.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
Well I admit that my post was made to be read like a sarcastic one, but I really like their jersey and logo. And it's dating from the 90's when they were rivals of the Detroit Russians.

This awful season of theirs can be a blessing in disguise. They can come back next season with a new team, new NAME and new jerseys. Just start over! Maybe even bring back the old mascot; this new one is too cute. Hockey teams are not supposed to be cute.

Bloomfield*

Feb 15, 2017
Backstrom tied for 2nd in the league. What a year he's having. With a game in hand he could take sole possession of the 2nd spot. Man o man is the top line and ovi beating up at the right time

Caps mission should be padding backstroms stats.

Has he ever had a 5p game?

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
Caps mission should be padding backstroms stats.

Has he ever had a 5p game?

Yep. Against Penguins this season (2G+3A) :bow: and 5 times overall which is second best result in NHL since 2007/08. Only Geno is ahead with six 5-point games. Nicklas Backstrom is pretty good at hockey :)

GreatEight

Mar 29, 2017
Should see Grubauer in net either tonight or against Arizona. Would definitely like Holtby to get some rest before the Columbus game.

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
OV reaches 50, Caps win 27-1

Idk why this made me laugh so hard but it did. Out of curiosity, who gets the 1 for the Avs? Or is that Ovie wheeling back into our zone on a delayed penalty, losing control of the puck, and having it go into our own net?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad