Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Sens Oct 25

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Lavi doesn't hesitate shortening the bench does he
under 8 for Sprong and Lap (3 shifts each in 2nd, 2 in 3rd)

Caps just can't handle a strong relentless forecheck, CGY did well with it Sat. and OTT nearly made it happen too

Take the 2, enjoy the scoring stats, play some real D/team D on Wed

And Oshie = Legend (not even referring to his hat trick, he's one of the best things about hockey)
They did on the first couple games, and Ottawa didn’t look dangerous the first period. I think they mentally let up and Ottawa got going.

but yes TJ is quickly becoming one of the all time great caps. Would love to see abnormal A on his sweater at some point.

Reactions: Calicaps

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
“Just so happened to be on the ice” like… while the coach wasn’t looking? Stop being willfully ignorant
Get your head out of your ass. McMichael was only playing the 6 on 5 because of the icing calls. Without the icing I guarantee he would not have been on the ice and it would have likely been his final shift of the game.
And you call me igornant. Not alot of hockey IQ on this board. It can be very painful reading this crap. Which is why Im not on the site often anymore.

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
He did put him in. Then they iced it twice.
Watch the game again. McMichael was on for a shift with over 3 minutes left in the game. The Caps iced the puck. Ottawa called a timeout. This was when they pulled the goalie. The Caps couldn't change personnel because of the icing. We then iced the puck 2 more times. That is why McMichael was playing on the 6 on 5 for an extended period. Without the initial icing McMichael never would have been on the ice in that situation.
And BTW there were 3 icing calls against us that kept that line on so long.
McMichael was only out there because Lavi couldn't change lines.

Reactions: Ovechkins Wodka

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Artem Zub on the Sens is pretty good. UFA in 2 years. Let's work that Russian NT magic.
A hell of a pick up for the Sens. He was undrafted, signed as a free agent, and now he is a key d-man for them. Logged 27:43 (!) yesterday and finished "+2". I doubt that they'll let him go.

Reactions: Neil Racki

Fallschirmyager

Jun 25, 2009
Sometimes the wagon is in good shape, and sometimes it’s on fire.

You can either try desperately to put out the fire, or you can sit around the burning wagon, roast some marshmallows, and tell stories among friends.

That’s what the C*pitals did tonight. Fate had already ordained that the wagon catch fire, so why intervene? Everyone had a good time, and in the end isn’t that all that matters?

As a light infantryman who carried everything on his back for miles on end, I can confidently say, let's put the fire out. The snap crackle and pop of my knees and back stopped being funny 20 years ago. lol

This is all Smokin Al's fault

He's the plug of the entire broadcast. He's not that great of an interviewer either. He has to have some decent extortion material on someone to have a job this long.

Reactions: tenken00

Jun 15, 2007
Ovechkin's puckhandling skills seem to have improved. Never understood why they declined so precipitously before. Maybe there's something to txpd's slashed wrist theory.

Reactions: Devil Dancer

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Get your head out of your ass. McMichael was only playing the 6 on 5 because of the icing calls. Without the icing I guarantee he would not have been on the ice and it would have likely been his final shift of the game.
And you call me igornant. Not alot of hockey IQ on this board. It can be very painful reading this crap. Which is why Im not on the site often anymore.

You’re a rare breed, someone who can turn a disagreement with an individual into an insult to the entire community. Well done. I didn’t miss your schtick.

Jun 15, 2007
Ovechkin needs to tone down the dirtiness. The board on Paul and the hit that he injured himself on in the pre season were unnecessary that he got away with because he's a living legend.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Ovechkin needs to tone down the dirtiness. The board on Paul and the hit that he injured himself on in the pre season were unnecessary that he got away with because he's a living legend.

You think he’s being “dirty”? I see engaged physicality…..nothing more. He’s lucky on the board no doubt…reckless if anything.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Watching the game during OV's no-call boarding on Paul
I thought - that might be a game
more than halfway expecting an announcement this morning from the League
good thing OV hasn't been on DOPS radar for awhile now

Jun 15, 2007
You think he’s being “dirty”? I see engaged physicality…..nothing more. He’s lucky on the board no doubt…reckless if anything.

Reckless and dirty are one and the same from the perspective of the NHL and the other team.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Reckless and dirty are one and the same from the perspective of the NHL and the other team.

1. Dirty ascribes intent. You think he ran the guy in the back AND did it on purpose?
2. Tone down? This indicates its a pattern as opposed to a one off play. Ov has always hit hard. Is trucking a guy wreckless?

Ridley Simon

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Marin County — SF Bay Area, CA
And he’s back.

You can disagree bud, without being so f***ing disagreeable. Who wants to converse with that type of blowhard hyperbole?

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
The idea that a guy with Ovie's (or Willy's) size and strength can play a physical brand of hockey and nothing will ever go wrong is so ridiculous. Just because someone gets hurt or a hit goes bad doesn't mean that the either of those guys is playing dirty or reckless. It's high-speed hard physical contact between giant men.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
1. Dirty ascribes intent. You think he ran the guy in the back AND did it on purpose?
2. Tone down? This indicates its a pattern as opposed to a one off play. Ov has always hit hard. Is trucking a guy wreckless?
From behind like that it is. First thing you are taught in hockey not to do. Any other level its automatic ejection. That play was the difference in the game. But the NHL doesnt seem to think hits from behind are suspension worthy its really strange, Paul is ok so whatever. Anyways was fun to watch either way as a sens fan, good luck to you guys the rest of the way thanks for some entertainment.

StrikingDistance

Buford T. Justice
Mar 19, 2015
DC

Wish we could vote you off this site. Can't spell 'ignorant', 'a lot' is two words, insult everyone, and then complain about it being painful to read this board??

434.jpg

YippieKaey

How you gonna do hockey like that?
Apr 2, 2012
Stockholm Sweden

I don´t know man. Ovi is a pretty smart guy and his hitting, which i believe is sometimes intentionally dirty, gives him some extra space. Most NHL players are intentionally dirty when they can get away with it, it´s just part of being a competitor. Ovi is very much a competitor, and a smart one at that. I have no problem with it.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
From behind like that it is. First thing you are taught in hockey not to do. Any other level its automatic ejection. That play was the difference in the game. But the NHL doesnt seem to think hits from behind are suspension worthy its really strange, Paul is ok so whatever. Anyways was fun to watch either way as a sens fan, good luck to you guys the rest of the way thanks for some entertainment.

Oh puuuulease……only if you were looking for a gift PP major to bail out your D/goaltending.

Reactions: Calicaps

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
I don´t know man. Ovi is a pretty smart guy and his hitting, which i believe is sometimes intentionally dirty, gives him some extra space. Most NHL players are intentionally dirty when they can get away with it, it´s just part of being a competitor. Ovi is very much a competitor, and a smart one at that. I have no problem with it.

taking advantage of an opponent in a vulnerable position (to be hit) is part of contact sports. I believe Ovy hits to punish guys, but I feel like that’s part of hockey, just like football and other contact sports.

He’s really pushing it from behind however and some of that’s on NHL refs for not maintaining league-wide norms IMO for what’s acceptable. I figured that hit was an easy 2. NHL in-game wheel of justice says no!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad