Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Sabres 7pm Nov 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jun 15, 2007
If Eller can't step up with so many centres down, he needs to be traded this off-season.

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
I haven't seen it yet. Does anyone have the vid clip of Vitek's injury? Don't like to see anyone injured, but want to see what happened.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Does seem odd to give only 5 min each to Leason and AJF when their line was making things happen each shift and when they seemed noticeably more effective than the 73-20-10 line and when they, unlike 62, stayed out of the box

Not that odd when they went to 3 lines. I saw 24 with Hags and Hathaway and really liked that one shift they got.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I haven't seen it yet. Does anyone have the vid clip of Vitek's injury? Don't like to see anyone injured, but want to see what happened.

He made a save and reached for the rebound and a Sabres player fell on him. Pinning his shoulder. Its either nothing or a shoulder sprain. Nothing broken

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
For the comment someone said about Skinner on Vitek, I didn't see anything sinister about it. Skinner was pushed and he was just making an effort to try to score a goal. Vitek's glove-hand shoulder definitely looked lame and when his teammates congratulated him, he didn't seem to lift his glove much(when I have congratulated my teammates I would lift my glove up and pat them on the helmets).

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Why are people complaining about Vanacek in this game? The first goal was on Ovi, the second was a full defensive breakdown and Vanecek made a couple of nice saves before Buffalo got a lucky bounce and the third goal looks like it was deflected a few feet in front of the net.

Reactions: um and CapsJunkie

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Why are people complaining about Vanacek in this game? The first goal was on Ovi, the second was a full defensive breakdown and Vanecek made a couple of nice saves before Buffalo got a lucky bounce and the third goal looks like it was deflected a few feet in front of the net.

Vitek's goalie technique is not good and isn't sustainable to be a #1 goalie. It wasn't OV's fault. He blew wheel, which is bad ice or bad luck. Had Vitek kept some control, then the net never would be wide open/players scrambling in the crease. 3rd goal, Vitek's butterfly was small and his vision was following the puck/shooter was poor. Shot changed direction slightly, but still was stoppable.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
If Eller can't step up with so many centres down, he needs to be traded this off-season.

CMM might push Eller out the door if he outperforms him. Eller only has one more season on his contract at $3.5M.

Dowd's contract is expiring this summer but he fits well as the #4C, I can see them bringing him back. He's making league minimum, but you could easily give him a raise and bring in some reinforcements on defense with Eller and Schultz off the books.

That would leave 92/19/24/26 at center for next season, and likely enough cap space to offer a new contract to VV or Sammy (whichever one ends up winning over the starting job).

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
CMM might push Eller out the door if he outperforms him. Eller only has one more season on his contract at $3.5M.

Dowd's contract is expiring this summer but he fits well as the #4C, I can see them bringing him back. He's making league minimum, but you could easily give him a raise and bring in some reinforcements on defense with Eller and Schultz off the books.

That would leave 92/19/24/26 at center for next season, and likely enough cap space to offer a new contract to VV or Sammy (whichever one ends up winning over the starting job).

CMM wont push Eller out because the kind of work they are on the team to do is different. Dowd will likely not be back if he season isnt ruined by injuries. He is making $750k. He is going to get a big raise.

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Just back from the game. Few things:

* CMM is awesome. he has a bright future and needs to play more
* Leason looks like he belongs
* Dowd - ouch - probably will mean he goes to IR (not LTIR) and Protas comes back up. Maybe Lapierre gets next game
* OV/Kuzy/Wilson was out every other shift - it was crazy how often they were out there
* Hags took two dumb penalties - he is killing me (worse than Eller or Sheary)
* VV is just good enough - still like him better than Sammy - we’ll see about injury - I bet it’s not much but i bet Sammy gets front end of back-to-back.
* Thought defense looked good but there were two goals in close where we didn’t clear crease and VV didn’t come up with puck (not his fault)

Two point night! We needed that. And of the 5 games I have been to, we have gotten at least one point.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
CMM wont push Eller out because the kind of work they are on the team to do is different. Dowd will likely not be back if he season isnt ruined by injuries. He is making $750k. He is going to get a big raise.

They'll redistribute the responsibilities with Backstrom and find a way to keep Dowd at a lower cost. Your #3C doesn't have to be a defensive minded center. Dowd actually does most of the heavy lifting defensively at ES or on the PK. He had 84% defensive zone starts last year which led the team by far (no regular forward aside from his linemates had more than 45%, and Eller had 43%).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad