Post-Game Talk: Caps vs. Lightning, 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
wow...just skimmed the last three pages. Ov sucks, Johansson is a moron, and Wilson needs a scratch. Score? 4-0 Washington. I don't get it.

Forgot about Beagle being slow

aonb

Oct 26, 2013
vrana barely noticable this time

still nice win overall, way to go boys

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Great way to head into a three day break. Happy with the the effort against a tired team. Win the games you should (like tonight) and split the rest. Goal for Ovie, SO for Holtby, points for Backs and the defense.

Merry Christmas to all.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
wow...just skimmed the last three pages. Ov sucks, Johansson is a moron, and Wilson needs a scratch. Score? 4-0 Washington. I don't get it.

Forgot about Beagle being slow

Don't take it seriously. Most of those were attempts at reverse jinxing

as for Beagle, looks like he got a little ding blocking a shot in the last minute, trying to help Holtby preserve the shutout. Hope he's OK

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Looked to me like the 3rd line got very little ice time in the 1st period, could be a reason why they didn't really get into a flow.

Saw Kuz get a few prime chances -- and shooting.. too bad Vasilevskij saved those despite generally being very shaky.

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Where have all the regular posters gone? Is there a secret board somewhere? The 17 year old, bipolar fantasy hockey posters currently populating these gameday threads are of no interest.

Chukcha

Aug 24, 2011
mongolian steppes
MoJo has looked terrible tonight

MoJo is playing like a moron this evening. :shakehead

b7ef24bdc7e3.jpg

:sarcasm:

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
5 pages for a convincing win.:handclap:

Carlson with a shot on net :handclap:
Wilson assist:handclap:
Ovi goal:handclap:
System goalie SO:handclap:
Backstrom and Orlov:amazed: 2 beautiful assists

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Where have all the regular posters gone? Is there a secret board somewhere? The 17 year old, bipolar fantasy hockey posters currently populating these gameday threads are of no interest.

Some at the game, some on the road or with family for the holidays, etc.

My excuse is I had the 3rd period on in the background while working out in my gym. Next time maybe I'll take a break to crack some jokes and post a silly gif just so everyone is entertained.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Don't take it seriously. Most of those were attempts at reverse jinxing

as for Beagle, looks like he got a little ding blocking a shot in the last minute, trying to help Holtby preserve the shutout. Hope he's OK

reverse jinxing. ok sure. facts are that this negativity in the face of success is becoming typical. funny gif or not. nothing can be done about it except not participate. which also seems to be happening.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
reverse jinxing. ok sure. facts are that this negativity in the face of success is becoming typical. funny gif or not. nothing can be done about it except not participate. which also seems to be happening.

There's no more negativity here than in previous years. But there's just as much complaining about it.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
And what about this stat?
2 SOG against during the 1st period (and if you don't count the shot during the PK, TB had to wait more than 19 minutes to put a shot on goal 5-on-5.

Where are the congratulations to our D system? :sarcasm:

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
A real concern is not about the system. It's about if system is capable off winning the cup. Regular season? Yeah, its powerful even if sleepwalking.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
A real concern is not about the system. It's about if system is capable off winning the cup. Regular season? Yeah, its powerful even if sleepwalking.

I'm less concerned about the system in the playoffs than I am about the coaching staff's ability to adjust it as necessary in the second half of a series.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Does Orlov actually lowered his pizza/60 guys? He looks confident

The Orlov-Niskanen pairing makes a ton of sense. Both players are very good possession players but they accomplish it in different ways. Niskanen is without a doubt the best defenseman on the team at limiting shots against and is somewhat middling offensively, while Orlov is great in transition and making plays in the offensive zone while still not being great in his own zone. They complement each other well.

Barring a collapse individually, Orlov's skill level combined with his RFA status and likely reasonable next contract and potential to grow even more should earn him an expansion protection slot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad