GDT: Caps vs Kings 7pm Oct 22 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Important win, if they don't pull off the comeback, suddenly they're 2-4-0 to start the season.

The next month or so is a tough stretch for us, playing the Lightning, Avs, Pens, Hurricanes and others.

Reactions: troyerlaw

Random schmoe

Random fan with their own opinions
Sponsor
Feb 13, 2019
To the guy who got tickets from his wife's firm, this win is for you! I'll take 2 pts and at least our start isn't the Wild's!
Hey, thanks!

We left after 2. ;) I'd seen enough "randomly swat at puck in offensive zone" to last a season.

(Well, we wandered the concourse for a while, checked out the team store, then eventually drifted out somewhere in the 3rd).

Capsman

Nov 21, 2008
But Ovie.
I have no doubt that OV will have his occasional sniping two goal games. But I think we all can see father time took a bigger chunk out of him this year. Those vintage Ovi performances look like they will be fewer and farther between. Unless BM can get him dominant play driving linemates, I am starting to have a hard time seeing him break the record.

Reactions: Rayquaza64

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Not going to make excuses, but not having Wilson in the lineup is a direct hit, not just physically, but for PK purposes. He's a threat to score SH too. It's still early in the season and most of these guys won't be in game shape until before Thanksgiving in the US. I much rather they get this stuff done now than take a break from December through February. I don't care how they win, I just want them to win. If it takes a third period rally every game, so be it. The losses outside of the Pastrnak opening night show weren't awful mainly because the Caps were in those games despite being slow. Mojo is a nice bright spot so far and I think Strome has more to show as the season progresses. A few lucky bounces and the Caps win against the Leafs. Right now the top three teams currently in the East are a lock in my book. Any team outside of those are a coin flip for seeding. There is no easy road and all the cannon fodder teams are playoff worthy now. Buffalo is mightily impressive.

traparatus

Oct 19, 2012
Not going to make excuses, but not having Wilson in the lineup is a direct hit, not just physically, but for PK purposes. He's a threat to score SH too. It's still early in the season and most of these guys won't be in game shape until before Thanksgiving in the US. I much rather they get this stuff done now than take a break from December through February. I don't care how they win, I just want them to win. If it takes a third period rally every game, so be it. The losses outside of the Pastrnak opening night show weren't awful mainly because the Caps were in those games despite being slow. Mojo is a nice bright spot so far and I think Strome has more to show as the season progresses. A few lucky bounces and the Caps win against the Leafs. Right now the top three teams currently in the East are a lock in my book. Any team outside of those are a coin flip for seeding. There is no easy road and all the cannon fodder teams are playoff worthy now. Buffalo is mightily impressive.
I'm with you.

As far as I'm concerned, the only thing that matters until January is points. Get enough of them whichever way you can. After that, it's all about the process.

So far the process sucks but it's October and this is an old ass team. I can't expect them to dominate majority of the regular season.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad