Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Flyers 8:00 To panic or not to panic that is the question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Apparently trotz forgot there's a morning skate and is no where to be found lol
He's there. That tweet was more about the length of the morning skate (30 minutes and counting) IINM.

I hope sitting Schmidt isn't the beginning of disciplining the makers of The Big Mistake. He got abused on the GWG but let's not take out one of your better possession defensemen for arguably your worst.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
There goes Trotz again. Scratching a top4 d when he should be sitting Carlson or Alzner giving old man Orpik a night off.

How long since Chorney played in a game? I imagine that its what its about

Edit: Chorney's last game was January 26th

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I really don't like calling up guys from Hershey and then not giving them a game. Promotions shouldn't lead to being scratched. Like "The Big Mistake" (Langwayâ„¢) does.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Barry "hates" Nate and you can't convince me otherwise.

Haha, there's something to it.

I thought Schmidt sucked in these last two games, but I figured after the layoff + b2b, it's something you'd let a guy play through, especially since lack of sharpness was a team-wide thing.

I guess the positive thing is to get Chorney some reps...

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
game on NBC? how long does it takes before Pierre says that Alzner will get huge money on july 1st?

Not before his obligatory Oshie/Hakstol/Captain Serious reference outta the University of North Dakota. :eviltongu

"With another great player from Chicago. You might've heard of him."

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Barry "hates" Nate and you can't convince me otherwise.

I think it's more about giving Chorney ice time or he'll go ice cold. Barry probably doesn't have the guts to sit a vet like Orpik simply to give his #7 icetime. And Alzner, Carlson, Niskanen, and Orlov are clearly a step above the 3rd pairing so you can't scratch them.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
Another damn NBC game.

SAVE US, JOE B!!!

While I prefer the Caps broadcast most nights (at least in the early season) it's hard to listen to anyone 82 times a year. I'll take even Pierre for a change of pace.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
While I prefer the Caps broadcast most nights (at least in the early season) it's hard to listen to anyone 82 times a year. I'll take even Pierre for a change of pace.

MADMAN

a

Capathetic

May 26, 2011
Well crap, Orpik is doomed since Schmidt was "carrying" him. :sarcasm:

4-1 good guys.

How will the Caps ever find a shot lane or carry the puck up the ice?

Chorney is in to get reps and bring the physical game. Barry must be one of those stuck in the 80's guys too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad