Caps vs Flyers - 01/02/13

IkeaMonkey*

I am glad we seeing Holtby. Not to piss off the Neuvy fans. But he had a solid chance to steal some for us and didn't. I can hear it now, "but he kept us in the games". Well, that's the minimum all goalies have to do every night.

Is this post serious?

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
Why anyone wants to break up the only thing on this team that's working is beyond me. Keep Ribeiro and Ward together until it dries up.

swimmer77

More PIM's than Points
Jun 22, 2010
in water
3 Things that need to change to get a win:

1. Ovechkin needs to be playing with Ribeiro or Backstrom. The Beagle, Crabb, Ovy experiment is a failure.

2. Ribeiro should NOT be taking faceoffs, let someone else take draws and move him to center afterwards.

3. Bench SCHULTZ!!!

Lines i would like to see (if Laich is back):

Ovechkin - Backstrom - Wolski
Ward - Perreault - Ribeiro
Chimera - Johansson - Brouwer
Hendricks - Laich - Crabb

Schultz in pressbox (rest of D wont matter)

Don't be so hard on Schultzie - he had to fix his cap before he got moving again on that last goal. Shoulda called a timeout.

Caps win tonight in a shootout. We get to see Ribeiro, Hendricks and Wolski.

One of Poti or Hamrlik is traded no later than Monday (speculation). Seriously, something has to give because the Caps need to make space for Laich and baby Orlov is back practicing in Hershey I believe so he'll be in Wash. soon too.

I Am Score*

Whose all in for McPhee being fired if we lose today and on Sunday?

Meeeee.

IkeaMonkey*

I love IkeaMonkey's GDT titles IMO tbh

I am steamed to not have gotten the Toronto GDT.

I mean...

"Dodgeball Superstars vs Dodgeball Fat Kids"

"Bruce Boudreau Played Here vs. Bruce Boudreau Coached Here"

"Matt Bradley's buddy vs. Jack Johnson's Dirtbag"

"Tennis Bride vs. Sloppy Seconds"

"'Our Goal Scorer Sucks more than yours!' vs 'No, Our's does!'

And all we got was a reference to the Marlies?! We deserved to lose that game.

pocketrockets

Dec 12, 2010
Is this post serious?

He played solid over the last couple of games but that's about it. He gave up a soft goal in both of the last two games and they lost both by a goal. Not saying he was the reason they lost, but he was hardly a shut down goalie in either game IMO

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I am convinced coaches are told to play/prioritize Sarge to aid in his seemingly never ending development. It explains why George likes noob coaches. While Hunter scratched him for a month, come playoff time, he was in there. Minus 12 and all. I did see Sarge last night have to hustle to a loose puck. I guess that was good enough to keep him in the lineup. The guy can do no wrong.

One of my first games attended...

http://dropyourgloves.com/Fights/GameEvents.aspx?Game=29144&Fight=74193#Fight74193

For the record Holt was tripped by Sunds dangerously into the boards on an icing, and this all happened on a 2nd icing right afterwards. Tiger got his gross for crosschecking Holt in the back of the head. Sundstrom did not defend himself, it was quite the sight. All 3 officials were laying on top of Holt at one point, who displayed an impressive feat of strength as he lifted them off of the ice a few times.

I sat in the aluminum section 101 with the folks wearing the duct taped boots. You know who you are.

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
29.7 shots per game this season (12th in NHL)
28.0 shots per game last season (24th in NHL)

The Caps are shooting more than last year, so far. And the difference betwween this year and, say, 08-09 is only about 3-4 shots per game.

Teams as a whole are averaging about 1 more blocked shot per game.

The problems with Ovie and this team are not in the number of shots taken or blocked.

Ummm....

I hate to do this to you... I realize you worked hard on that to impress me, and you did.

BUT... did you ever stop to consider that other teams might be blocking our shots?

My reference was to our lack of offence .

Good work, though.

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
Goon,

Just reread my post, and I can see why you thought that. But the origin of that was Randy lamenting on certain Caps no longer taking shots, even ones that missed. My comment was aimed at a reason as to why they don't: more shots are being blocked, and the coaches have picked up on that (heck, the coaches are the ones implementing it across the league), and told our guys to cool it.

Appreciate your post though, I didn't know where we stood.

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
Whose all in for McPhee being fired if we lose today and on Sunday?

Meeeee.

Hang in there kidooo. They wouldn't pick on ya if they didn't have some respect for ya. Cross all yer t's and dot all yer i's... that Wiz is a stickler for accuracy.

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
Our Future

The Caps/Rags was just on replay, and I gotta say, I'm not looking forward to facing either of these teams, especially the Pens, on Sunday. They looked pretty organized, and fast... as the Rags found out on a breakaway.

Mo good news for GMGM and Ted.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
after all the complaining during the lockout and before that the mcphee should be more like holmgren and that the caps should be more like the flyers....look at the standings. now they are!! :)

IkeaMonkey*

after all the complaining during the lockout and before that the mcphee should be more like holmgren and that the caps should be more like the flyers....look at the standings. now they are!! :)

On the bright side, if you recall, I said this offseason was **** on numerous occasions and hoped the lockout would last indefinitely.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
interesting stat. the caps have allowed 25 goals agains. mike green has been on ice for 2 of them. john carlson 16.

aquablue

May 4, 2010
lloyd2.jpg

I think Lloyd is in full meltdown mode.

Expecting the worst!

I don't get the joke. . What is this picture and what does it represent?

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
It's time to give Neuvy a rest anyways. Here's hoping Holtby makes some timely saves tonight. Those are what he's been missing...the clutch save.

3-1 Caps

neuvirth made like 20 clutch saves last night, we're gonna need more than a good goaltending performance to win games

holy moly i have 7000+ post

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad