Post-Game Talk: Caps vs Cats - 7pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

AtNightWeFly

You better run.
Jun 1, 2014
Upstate NY
That game sucked. Pissed me off royally, so much so that I avoided this thread until now.

blowing a lead like that, in the manner that they did? Major major major OUCH.
Hurts.

but I’m over it. Was a successful trip into dangerous waters. And they did well.

I’m letting it go.

Same. Last night I was HOT. But this morning when I woke up and thought about it, I laughed. This was game, what, 20 of the season? Stuff happens and now they know better because this one will stick with them for months. :cool:

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Same. Last night I was HOT. But this morning when I woke up and thought about it, I laughed. This was game, what, 20 of the season? Stuff happens and now they know better because this one will stick with them for months. :cool:

The Caps played the Panthers, Hurricanes and Panthers in 3 straight. The first 2 were afternoon games on top of it. They won 2 and lost 1. Samsonov had no lost a game he had started. He was due. The Caps were 8-1-1 in the previous 2. They were due.

Conversely, they got a goal from McMichael who had a solid game otherwise. Eller had a big game. Moving along to the next one

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
Biggest stinker of the season and there always are. I think all the games they've played caught up to them mentally in the 3rd they just didn't have that mental will to push back.

Reactions: bur and 666 others

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The Capitals have been arguably the best team in the league and had a 4-1 3rd period lead. No reason to lose that game either.

Against the real best team in the league. The Cats are contenders, I’m not surprised that they could erase a 3 goal deficit and win the game later.

Following this loss, I expected a victory against Chicago 100%.

Reactions: bur and 666 others

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Against the real best team in the league. The Cats are contenders, I’m not surprised that they could erase a 3 goal deficit and win the game later.

Following this loss, I expected a victory against Chicago 100%.

Oh...I see. You have Florida over Washington in a playoff matchup then? You have FL out pointing the Caps in the regular? ok

bur and 666 others

Jun 13, 2012
I hope it was because the "season long and we've been winning everything" thing and not Cinderella midnight clock thing. Last season they were awful. This season with all injures they've been awesome which gave us all hope. Glad it happened in Nov. Lesson learned.

on other note, I don't think Samsonov is a workhorse goalie like Holtby. He tends to get tired. I think it should be VV time for now.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Oh...I see. You have Florida over Washington in a playoff matchup then? You have FL out pointing the Caps in the regular? ok

I do, have you seen how they play?? I know we’re missing guys too but they’re missing their #1 guy in Barkov. They’re super deep on all fronts, and it looks like Bob is actually trying to earn his $10M salary now.

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
How about Jensen .. that guy can skate like the wind when he wants, great change of speed and good angles great IQ

him and orlov are next level right now

didn’t like how the panthers were going after Fehervary
I trashed Jensen with some regularity here last season, and he is politely feeding me my hat.
More than happy to eat it, too.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I do, have you seen how they play?? I know we’re missing guys too but they’re missing their #1 guy in Barkov. They’re super deep on all fronts, and it looks like Bob is actually trying to earn his $10M salary now.

For my $ I will take Backstrom and Oshie over Barkov but ok. FL is going to the finals. The Caps are showing up to earn their check. I dont feel so bad that they lost a game to them. That they won one is the shocking part

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
trade Kuzy as early as possible, sometimes, I mean sometimes he is poisonous to the locker room.

upload_2021-12-1_19-6-37.gif

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
For my $ I will take Backstrom and Oshie over Barkov but ok. FL is going to the finals. The Caps are showing up to earn their check. I dont feel so bad that they lost a game to them. That they won one is the shocking part

Barkov has a 96 point season and a Selke under his belt, he’s absolutely a top 10 player in this league.

Anyway it’s a pointless debate, we’ll beat the Hawks after suffering a humiliating defeat, I have no doubt about that.

Reactions: Hivemind

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
Still an Lol at Bobs flop to get them their last PP. yeah Malenstyn was in his crease but that was a f***ing dive at we at least get a point

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
LuJo has quietly put together a decent season for Hershey. It wouldn’t hurt Washington to finally see if there’s something there before ultimately deciding to cut bait on the player.

The other option is Kempny. I don’t know their salary cap situation off the top of my head, but I’m assuming they could fit his salary even with Backstrom returning soon and Mantha on LTIR.
I know you follow Bears a lot. From what i have seen/read, I think Kempny later this year as he’ll get his shot. AA would be lovely but he isn’t earning it. LuCo. He’s trending and RFA again after this season so taking a look is good idea.

But biggest issue to me seems to be depth in Hershey to even bring someone up. I suspect we’ll see Irwin. Would be great to send Cholowski down to Hershey but fragile ego means he will probably stay through home stand but eat popcorn. And then he has to pass waivers.

Reactions: hb12xchamps

maacoshark

Jul 22, 2017
That game sucked. Pissed me off royally, so much so that I avoided this thread until now.

blowing a lead like that, in the manner that they did? Major major major OUCH.
Hurts.

but I’m over it. Was a successful trip into dangerous waters. And they did well.

I’m letting it go.
It was a tough loss. I was very pissed about the 3rd period of the game.
Our inexperience may have showed up that period. It seemed the Caps were in panic mode. It is very difficult to right the ship when things are going like that. Players tend to lose focus and try to do too much instead of focusing on their assignment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad