GDT: Caps Vs Avs 9PM BASIC EDITION

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Guys like Chimmer, Ward, Fehr and Brouwer tend to get on your nerves for a few games to the point you want to sit them in the press box. Then like a turkey timer right before you lose your mind something pops and they score a GWG or something.

So Chimmer with the GWG.

FloridaCap

Beaglechuk Mania
Jun 30, 2012
burakovsky-mcdavid.jpg

Hypothetically, would anyone here trade multiple first round picks (2015, 2016, 2017, maybe even 2018?) as well as a couple players to get the McDavid pick?

If he's really can't miss ... why not?

A lot of you, I realize, are Redskins fans and would probably say no. :laugh:

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Hypothetically, would anyone here trade multiple first round picks (2015, 2016, 2017, maybe even 2018?) as well as a couple players to get the McDavid pick?

Hypothetically if a package of the next couple(maybe three) 1st, Wilson and bowey could get him I'd do it. I'd be hesitant to give kuznetsov or buravosky away. I know you gotta pay to play but in a win now situation we only have a few years to get up to speed with 8 and 19 approaching 30. Don't know if that package gets it done but I'd be willing since he's likely dynamic in 2 to 3 years tops.

PRicci09

Jan 17, 2013

Ouch :laugh:

That is a good question though, I think id give away 3 1st rounders for Mcdavid. (its technically only two anyways)

Though I do think that 1st round picks are more valuable in hockey. The talent gap between a 1st round guy and mid/late pick is much smaller in football.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Hypothetically if a package of the next couple(maybe three) 1st, Wilson and bowey could get him I'd do it. I'd be hesitant to give kuznetsov or buravosky away. I know you gotta pay to play but in a win now situation we only have a few years to get up to speed with 8 and 19 approaching 30. Don't know if that package gets it done but I'd be willing since he's likely dynamic in 2 to 3 years tops.

No way. I haven't seen much of McDavid but I just watched the 2013 U18 highlights on youtube. He's good, and he puts up big numbers against opponetns his age, but he's not multiple first rounders good or dump your own prospects good.

He clearly is several notches above his young peers but it remains to be seen if he can take advantage of NHL defenders the way he goes around kids. He's very, very good at seeing when a defender has overcommitted to one direction, possibly with momentum or hips, and then moving laterally around him. That may be his greatest advantage at his current level and that will not be as easy to exploit in the NHL.

He's got great deke control and lateral movement in general, quick hands and a constant motor with decent speed. But I don't think he's SO great that you mortgage your future for him or dump multiple top prospects of your own.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I'm a having Stockdale moment: 'Who am I? Why am I here? Why am I still following this team?"

Burakovsky95*

Ridiculous that he couldn't get that puck up ****ing 3 times

Koized

Oct 8, 2005
Chimera has been awful this season. He should be on the 4th line or watching from the press box.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad