Prospect Info: Caps Top Prospects General Discussion Thread Vol. 2 - 2021-22

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Geisser not only won the chamiponship, he had a really strong season and was one of the best defenders in the Swiss league.
He also now made the final roster of the Swiss team for the World Championship and I'm pretty sure he'll also play.

Can he become Josi caliber? I kid, but somewhat serious.

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Can he become Josi caliber? I kid, but somewhat serious.

No second Josi, I don't think so. But he improved steadily over the last years and it is known that Swiss players tend to need a little bit more time to develop. I see an NHL-upside, maybe as Top-4 D-men. He needs to work on his physical game, he's playing smart, taking the right decisions, playing good first passes, but his not really using his size and strength enough yet. He was probably the best D-men for Switzerland in the first 4 games, playing alongside former NHL-player Raphael Diaz (Canadiens, Vancouver, Rangers).

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006

That ought to wrap up the top spot. I know they have Dahlin and may soon be without Eichel but...c'mon.

Some options I like for 56: Tuomaala, Boucher, Salminen, Kirsanov, Gaudreau, Stillman, Mailloux, Stankoven, Duke and Johnson. McKenzie's list next month will be a solid indicator of who may be within range. Hard to say who may slide in such a year but Mailloux strikes me as a strong fit if their London intel backs him and he's still available. He's very raw but that's the sort of tools/upside they ought to be targeting and at a long-term position of need in RD.

tenken00

Oh it's going down in Chinatown
Jan 29, 2010
Well good news is if we crater next season we could be in line for Shane Wright (2022) or Connor Bedard (2023)

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
Google translation:

"Chicoutimi Saguenéens forward Hendrix Lapierre passes to the Acadie-Bathurst Titan against 2 1st round picks and an 18-year-old player who will be named at the opening of the trading period!"
I went and translated it, and still didn't understand. Can someone translate the translation(e.g. what this means for the Capitals?)

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
That is certainly a hockey player name.

Will Power

Will+Power+-+IndyCar.jpg

Reactions: ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I am now firmly in the "Draft Wyatt Johnston" camp.
I think they do need to shift organizationally from more of a finesse but somewhat low IQ/compete recipe to one involving more detail, consistency and versatility. So I agree with the assumed logic here. A strong speed/compete/IQ package is going to be a much more favorable complementary skill set as the core ages and needs more consistency surrounding them to help drive play. Particularly now as they purge more and more inconsistent fancy pants off of the main roster they've got to learn their lesson with lower compete skilled players. At 55 maybe it makes sense from a value standpoint to swing for the fences with a high risk player but there isn't anyone that stands out as perhaps falling due to size or injury per se. Maybe Kisakov.

Martino, Duke, Roy, Stromgren, Johnston, Johnson, Peart, Kirsanov, Kidney, Huckins, Roulette & Stillman seem up that more complete, consistent alley. Given their recent tendencies one has to wonder if they won't aggressively try to move up as Plan A if someone slides given how often they've done that. I think Stromgren sticks out as a main target given his combination of size and vision/sense but it's possible he could sneak into the first round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad