Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Ratless Bears (NBC pregame nonsense: 3pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
A reminder...

Done with force and malice, worth 2 games:

maxresdefault.jpg

Innocent love-tap, not hard enough, happens all the time, no review:

maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Time to play the gracious hosts! Spot the Bruins 10 goals, then take them out afterwards for a night of dancing, the Kennedy Center, and a late night movie.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
A reminder...

Done with force and malice, worth 2 games:

maxresdefault.jpg

Innocent love-tap, not hard enough, happens all the time, no review:

maxresdefault.jpg

Joke league.

Tough game to call. Feels like it'll be either a close loss 'cause Boston cares or a blow out by our boys.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
NHLN did a segment on the Marchand spear. In the segment they showed the Crosby spear and one by Thornton that happened the same week. Seeing that Thornton was suspended earlier this season for spearing Stastny I was a little surprised this second spear was left under the radar.

Barry Amsterdam

Nättias Dänielstrom
Apr 2, 2013
We have possible 5 teams we could still play in rd 1

If Boston wins, we don't play Boston.
If Ottawa wins we don't play ottowa.
If Toronto wins in regulation. We don't play Tampa or Islanders

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Glad they are playing Grubauer today and I liked Trotz's reasoning: playing Holtby tomorrow leads to a shorter rest between his Game 1 start and his final regular season start.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
I think Boston's motivation will depend on the result of OTT-NYR game (0-0) after first. If OTT lose, Boston will play for the home ice, even though OTT play also tomorrow.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I think Boston's motivation will depend on the result of OTT-NYR game (0-0) after first. If OTT lose, Boston will play for the home ice, even though OTT play also tomorrow.

Bruins want no piece of the Caps in round 1. That's plenty motivation.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010

Boston should be playing to win no matter what. They probably would much rather face Ottawa/Toronto in the first round and stay in the Atlantic rather than having to cross over to the Metro and play Washington and Pittsburgh/Columbus.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
A win for us today is really NOT in our best interest. Especially considering how BRUTAL the Jackets are playing right now. If Pittsburgh plays a patsy, then we need to play one too. Roll over for the Bruins today.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
Bruins want no piece of the Caps in round 1. That's plenty motivation.

Boston should be playing to win no matter what. They probably would much rather face Ottawa/Toronto in the first round and stay in the Atlantic rather than having to cross over to the Metro and play Washington and Pittsburgh/Columbus.

I don't see the leafs taking 3/4 points this weekend and Tampa cannot reach Boston. So If OTT win against NYR I think they won't play/try as hard as if they could have the 2nd in metro

Caps Circle

Jan 19, 2015
Chantilly, VA
Am actually strongly against the Caps winning this game. Want no part of the Bruins in the playoffs. With Ottawa winning (so far), I would prefer we lose this game (lock in Ottawa vs. Boston) and then root for Leafs/Isles.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Am actually strongly against the Caps winning this game. Want no part of the Bruins in the playoffs. With Ottawa winning (so far), I would prefer we lose this game (lock in Ottawa vs. Boston) and then root for Leafs/Isles.

Amen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad