Pre-Game Talk: Caps @ Rangers - Metro Division Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
Anyone see the mod warning on the main boards in the isles vs caps thread? It was something along the lines " if you want to discuss the rangers there is a thread for that, this is an islanders vs capitals thread..." Basically caps and isles fans can't stop talking about the rangers.

Both teams don't like us very much...

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
“@stevezipay: Given that Rangers are practicing Tues and Wed at the MSG training center in Greenburgh, surmising that Game 1 is Thursday”

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
I'd prefer the Caps. Either way, the next round is going to be quite stressful. Heres hoping for multiple OT's tonight and lots of banged up bodies.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
“@stevezipay: Given that Rangers are practicing Tues and Wed at the MSG training center in Greenburgh, surmising that Game 1 is Thursdayâ€

gotta think that if Detroit wins tonight, that gets changed. unless the league plans on taking Wednesday off, too

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
“@stevezipay: Given that Rangers are practicing Tues and Wed at the MSG training center in Greenburgh, surmising that Game 1 is Thursday”

Verizon Center and Nassau schedules are wide open in May, so sticking with how the first round schedule was we'll probably see something like this.

NOT OFFICIAL

Game 1 MSG - Thurs 4/30
Game 2 MSG - Sat 5/2 (Clapton Concert is bumped)
Game 3 Road - Mon 5/4
Game 4 Road - Weds 5/6
Game 5* MSG - Fri 5/8
Game 6* Road - Sun 5/10
Game 7* MSG - Tues 5/12
* if necessary

Rick Nash 61

The Best
Jul 6, 2014
New York
“@stevezipay: Given that Rangers are practicing Tues and Wed at the MSG training center in Greenburgh, surmising that Game 1 is Thursdayâ€

****. How am I going to study for my final Friday, watch the Rangers game and stream the NFL draft at the same time?

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
The Rangers 2nd round opponent no matter what happens tonight will be themselves.

This Rangers team can beat any other team in the NHL in 7 as long as they play their game.

confucius2.jpg

poeman

To Win The One Ring
Mar 8, 2006
The Rangers 2nd round opponent no matter what happens tonight will be themselves.

This Rangers team can beat any other team in the NHL in 7 as long as they play their game.

confucius2.jpg

Hmmm...You have given me a lot to ponder.

MTE5NDg0MDU0OTMwNjg3NTAz.jpg

nevesis

Sponsor
Jan 3, 2008
NY
gotta think that if Detroit wins tonight, that gets changed. unless the league plans on taking Wednesday off, too

Not sure the Rangers would have scheduled practice at the training center if they knew there is a chance the game could be Wednesday. They most likely have informed teams that Game 1 wouldn't start until Thursday regardless of whether Detroit wins tonight.

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Not sure the Rangers would have scheduled practice at the training center if they knew there is a chance the game could be Wednesday. They most likely have informed teams that Game 1 wouldn't start until Thursday regardless of whether Detroit wins tonight.

if that's the case, i'm totally cool with it. better for my girlfriend, then. she won't be missing a thing.

the ratings. though. the poor, poor ratings. :cry:

Xref

Oct 16, 2010

confucius2.jpg

Damn, what a great post. Spot on, brudda. :handclap:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
At this rate a limping islanders team in the 2nd round sounds like a good series to me.No hammonic, Višňovský or dehaan (even though dehaan is trash, lol)
also their golden child strome was scratched the other day and the rangers sending these clowns golfing with their crumbling arena would make so much sense.

LetterJ

Feb 16, 2012
Atlantic Canada
At this rate a limping islanders team in the 2nd round sounds like a good series to me.No hammonic, Višňovský or dehaan (even though dehaan is trash, lol)
also their golden child strome was scratched the other day and the rangers sending these clowns golfing with their crumbling arena would make so much sense.

I don't believe Strome has been scratched in the series. Brock Nelson was, however. And Grabner too. Weird on Grabner.

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
At this rate a limping islanders team in the 2nd round sounds like a good series to me.No hammonic, ViÅ¡ňovský or dehaan (even though dehaan is trash, lol)

How long can we expect Hamoinc and Visnovsky to be out though?

FultonReed

derailer of threads
Jul 28, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
At this rate a limping islanders team in the 2nd round sounds like a good series to me.No hammonic, ViÅ¡ňovský or dehaan (even though dehaan is trash, lol)

Anders Lee was the scratch and he'll be scratched again, apparently

Problematique

Apr 3, 2011
Australia
Don't really know where to ask this but can you guys give some recommendations for sports radio shows that air in the North American night time (Australian morning - can't stand our radio stations)? Listening to MSG radio I only know of Hahn and Humpty which I don't mind - Islander homerism aside.

Rangers ftw

May 8, 2007
Islanders, simply because their D is injured. Only thing that scares me is that they seems to elevate their game when playing us.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I don't believe Strome has been scratched in the series. Brock Nelson was, however. And Grabner too. Weird on Grabner.

My mistake. Golden child still applies, though.

How long can we expect Hamoinc and Visnovsky to be out though?

They said hammonic wasn't close and visnovsky got his bell rung to jupiter. I don't think he'll be back this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad