Pre-Game Talk: Caps @ Rangers - Metro Division Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
Neil Best @sportswatch · 22m 22 minutes ago

A fellow named @JohnForslund is scheduled to call Games 1, 3, 4 and 5 of @nyrangers against Caps. @KennyAlbert has Game 2.

Forslund is good.

Pierre should be OK because he won't feel comfy with no Doc and Edzo

Great that Kenny gets game 2... probably only has it cause its a Saturday game

Whitehawk1186

Mar 12, 2015
New Haven, CT
Dave Lozo said that. He also said the Rangers would go 7 against the Pens, and that the Rangers would beat the Kings in 7 to win the Cup last year, take that with a grain of salt.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Not to beat a dead horse but the reason that narrative exists is because the Rangers were outshot 97-51 in 3rds and OTs. That is what people will always remember...LA putting their foot on the gas in clutch time. LA had a 64% CF that series and that went up to 66.5% in the 3rd.

5 on 5 scoring chances overall: 148 LA, 122 NYR; LA with 54.8%.
In the third: 40 LA, 18 NYR; LA with 69%.

Fair or not people will always remember those 3rd periods.

Edit: Scoring chances when tied were 89-58 LA (60.5%). 23-7 LA when tied in the 3rd (76.7%).

wasn't it you that only two-three weeks ago you were telling stats proponents to "get a life" for using them against dan girardi?

quick change of heart, i see.

Wolfy*

I wonder how this will work out with old grandpa on our top line, didn't we just agree that Marty is done cooked toast?

Well guess we'll have to see if he can dig up some new energy, or we could be in trouble here.

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
wasn't it you that only two-three weeks ago you were telling stats proponents to "get a life" for using them against dan girardi?

quick change of heart, i see.

I've always been pro stats to a degree so I would hardly classify it as a change of heart. I was pissed off that after a win to set the franchise single season record in points, the entire PGT was (per usual) dedicated to Girardi bickering. And I was a few beers deep which never helps, may regret the way I expressed my point.

DudMan28

Jan 30, 2013
I wonder how this will work out with old grandpa on our top line, didn't we just agree that Marty is done cooked toast?

Well guess we'll have to see if he can dig up some new energy, or we could be in trouble here.

I certainly thought MSL looked better games 4-5 than he did in games 1-3. The playoffs are long, and certain players step up at different times. If he can get back on track and chip in a few points here and there Id be more than happy.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I've always been pro stats to a degree so I would hardly classify it as a change of heart. I was pissed off that after a win to set the franchise single season record in points, the entire PGT was (per usual) dedicated to Girardi bickering. And I was a few beers deep which never helps, may regret the way I expressed my point.

Damn, man, look at the edgework by Stepan in your avatar. How is he even standing in that picture. I suppose most if not all of his weight has been transferred to his right foot, and we're seeing the beginning of his left foot coming back around, but wow.

I need to get on the ice more! :laugh:

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
i thought the Pens series was a coinflip from being the other way....if the Pens were healthy, i think they win.

Most of that is because of MAF...he was brilliant.

A great goalie is a difference maker...see Rangers, New York.

I'll take the Rangers in this series...in 6.

If the Pens were healthy we wouldn't have been playing them in the first round. If Letang, Maata, Erhoff, Dupuis were all healthy they finish 1 or 2 in the division.

Thirty One

Safe is safe.
Dec 28, 2003
Dave Lozo said that. He also said the Rangers would go 7 against the Pens, and that the Rangers would beat the Kings in 7 to win the Cup last year, take that with a grain of salt.
He had the Rangers finishing 18th overall this season.

IAMREALITY

Jul 12, 2010
Im so excited for tomorrow night

Hell yeah! It has all the makings of a classic series.

So Washington's strategy is the same as for the Isles, heavy aggressive hitting and forecheck. To me, that's a recipe that will lead to our ultimate victory. My only fear is how much dirty **** the refs will let go and how banged up or injured we're going to be by the end of this thing. But it has all the makings of a battle of battles. Should be exciting as hell, and I can't wait until ultimately we are shaking their dirty loser hands. But I can't wait for tomorrow either. We need to come out flying, never let up, and take game 1 for sure. Don't let them breath in this series for a second!

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
I saw Joel Ward today on 57/6, I was on the phone so I couldn't say anything but I made eye contact with him and gave him a thumbs down....so Im sure that's in his head and he'll be a non factor.

Rick Nash 61

The Best
Jul 6, 2014
New York
Neil Best @sportswatch · 22m 22 minutes ago

A fellow named @JohnForslund is scheduled to call Games 1, 3, 4 and 5 of @nyrangers against Caps. @KennyAlbert has Game 2.

I had to look John Forslund up because I didn't know his name only voice but damn I'm not a big fan. I really REALLY wanted Gord Miller.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad