GDT: Caps @ Rangers - 7pm ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
Maybe a bunch of 3-2/2-1 OT and SO games wasn’t sustainable
Maybe you're getting a bit reactionary after one loss

They're tight margins but nothing changes anything that the 4-0 win didn't also change for the better. They'll deal or they won't.

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Man, it really sucks seeing such a well constructed team just lack Starpower and Dynamic players. It's wild the Ovi era seems to be ending the opposite of how it began.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Didn’t expect to win this one, but first half of game got my hopes up

Jesus, Miro. That’s three great chances in this period alone

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
Contrast how strong and fast Igor comes out of his crease to make a save to Keumper is like night and day. Keumper has played so small and timid in net for like the last 8 months of games. Basically since last January when he got hurt.

Reactions: TheSmokingMan

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
YOUNG. GUYS. NEED. TO. SCORE.

This is what you get when you rebuild with youth. I think we have the appropriate amount in with Lappy and Miro in Hershey. A bit too much youth when they are both in. But i like getting them some games. Will be good to see Oshie and Patches come in.

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
YOUNG. GUYS. NEED. TO. SCORE.

This is what you get when you rebuild with youth. I think we have the appropriate amount in with Lappy and Miro in Hershey. A bit too much youth when they are both in. But i like getting them some games. Will be good to see Oshie and Patches come in.
Old guys need to score. The younger players are carrying this team.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
I was gonna say, ‘At least Devils and islanders both lost in regulation.’ But the Devils tied it late. And then won in OT 😑

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond
Maybe you're getting a bit reactionary after one loss

They're tight margins but nothing changes anything that the 4-0 win didn't also change for the better. They'll deal or they won't.
It’s not that reactionary when it’s been a long term trend. The team doesn’t score, they are 31st in goals forward with 75.

Goals in regulation over the last five games are 1, 2, 2, 1, 1 and Anthony Mantha has four of those goals

Pacioretty, save us

SecretaryofDefense5

Mar 20, 2022
Washington DC
It’s not that reactionary when it’s been a long term trend. The team doesn’t score, they are 31st in goals forward with 75.

Goals in regulation over the last five games are 1, 2, 2, 1, 1 and Anthony Mantha has four of those goals

Pacioretty, save us
If we are counting on a guy coming off of two torn Achilles heels to save us…oh boy.

Reactions: WanderingCapsFan

Fred22406Capsfan

Jan 19, 2020
Went to pick my daughter up from work when it was 1-0. Glad I pulled up bowl games rather than bring the game back up. On to the next and hopefully a better result!

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1703735052829.gif

The 🐜 gets the game puck tonight for a goal and a whole bunch of shots. Honorable mentions to the 4th line for generally controlling play and suppressing NYR.

Reactions: WanderingCapsFan

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
Was at my sisters house having a blast with my niece/nephew. I come home to check the score and we lose 5-1. 1st thought, Carbs must have started Kuemper and I was right! Rookie Coach with bad collab advice from Scott Murray. You don't start the slower but bigger Kuemper against the Rags. It should have been Chucky, as it was almost a complete no brainer! How do you not start the goalie that handily shutout the Rags 4-0 previously?!

1st goal on Kuemps, bad and leaky. 2nd goal Kuemps was so slow reading the play and terribly beat even with his glove above his waist! 3rd goal, long shot because Kuemper had another bad read. 4th goal was a bit distance out and another bad read from Kuemper. 5th goal Kuemper was already near his left post and sort of did a hope technique in the butterfly(butterfly and hope the puck hits him) and it still got past his big frame.

Kuemper lost this game as he really let his team down. Caps had a scoreless 1st, which points to a good start against the Rags. Caps then score the 1st goal of the game, 5 min into the 2nd, which makes it even a better road game. Then bad Cup winning Kuemper took over the game to help the Rags. It still blows my mind why you wouldn't start the goalie that SHUTOUT the Rags 4-0, as he's the quicker goalie against a rush heavy, quick strike Rags team!

This was a chance to make more of statement against a top team in the East. Strangely the goalie with the 5th best GAA and 2nd best SV%, was sitting on the bench as the backup! The only thing I can think of is the coaching felt Kuemper was starting to come around back into good form, but eluded the fact Kuemper put up better numbers against some weaker teams.

Tick-Tock, where are the offensive reinforcements in Patches and Bear?!

Reactions: TheSmokingMan

WanderingCapsFan

Mar 31, 2008
Marana, Arizona, USA
Was at my sisters house having a blast with my niece/nephew. I come home to check the score and we lose 5-1. 1st thought, Carbs must have started Kuemper and I was right! Rookie Coach with bad collab advice from Scott Murray. You don't start the slower but bigger Kuemper against the Rags. It should have been Chucky, as it was almost a complete no brainer! How do you not start the goalie that handily shutout the Rags 4-0 previously?!

1st goal on Kuemps, bad and leaky. 2nd goal Kuemps was so slow reading the play and terribly beat even with his glove above his waist! 3rd goal, long shot because Kuemper had another bad read. 4th goal was a bit distance out and another bad read from Kuemper. 5th goal Kuemper was already near his left post and sort of did a hope technique in the butterfly(butterfly and hope the puck hits him) and it still got past his big frame.

Kuemper lost this game as he really let his team down. Caps had a scoreless 1st, which points to a good start against the Rags. Caps then score the 1st goal of the game, 5 min into the 2nd, which makes it even a better road game. Then bad Cup winning Kuemper took over the game to help the Rags. It still blows my mind why you wouldn't start the goalie that SHUTOUT the Rags 4-0, as he's the quicker goalie against a rush heavy, quick strike Rags team!

This was a chance to make more of statement against a top team in the East. Strangely the goalie with the 5th best GAA and 2nd best SV%, was sitting on the bench as the backup! The only thing I can think of is the coaching felt Kuemper was starting to come around back into good form, but eluded the fact Kuemper put up better numbers against some weaker teams.

Tick-Tock, where are the offensive reinforcements in Patches and Bear?!
While I agree, this team still needs to find a way to score goals. Badly.

Reactions: Alexander the Gr8

SherVaughn30

Jan 12, 2010
Los Angeles
If we are counting on a guy coming off of two torn Achilles heels to save us…oh boy.
No we are not, but Patches has some offensive elements to his game that no one is either doing right now nor are able to do. The same can be said of Ethan Bear. After Carlson, Bear is either the 2nd or 3rd best scoring option from the back end(Sandin has it in him, but he either is inconsistent or shows hesitancy).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad