Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Jets - 8pm-ish EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Teams almost always get a bump after a coach leaves. Granted this was a resignation rather than a firing, but still ... Caps can't be their frequently lethargic selves during the first 20-40 or final 20 minutes.

Jun 15, 2007
Ugh I'm feeling a loss here. Jets will get the new coach bump.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Teams almost always get a bump after a coach leaves. Granted this was a resignation rather than a firing, but still ... Caps can't be their frequently lethargic selves during the first 20-40 or final 20 minutes.

Don't read too much into the resign v fired thing. Maurice is a company man. He creates long tenure. He's been there 9 seasons. I imagine they let him resign.

Reactions: Empty Goal Net

Jun 15, 2007
Don't read too much into the resign v fired thing. Maurice is a company man. He creates long tenure. He's been there 9 seasons. I imagine they let him resign.

He still had a year left at 3m. So by resigning he forfeited about 4.5m in salary as opposed to getting fired. Maybe they agreed to pay him for the rest of the year. But not an insignificant sum.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
He still had a year left at 3m. So by resigning he forfeited about 4.5m in salary as opposed to getting fired. Maybe they agreed to pay him for the rest of the year. But not an insignificant sum.

Often these things have a negotiated ending. He steps down. He gets his salary and the Jets retain his rights til the end of next season.

Reactions: 895

Coachcorner

Senor Martinez
Sep 28, 2017
I smell a COVID test. You dont think Kuzy and then Sammy.....do you?
I gotta ask you sire, hathaway has been on the protocol since the 6h, that's 11 days already. How long will he be there? That's a long time already.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I gotta ask you sire, hathaway has been on the protocol since the 6h, that's 11 days already. How long will he be there? That's a long time already.

Not sure why you are asking me, but clearly he is not testing negative. Might be he is symptomatic and sick.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
All the players are vaccinated. So over 11 days looks real suspisious to me sire.
What’s suspicious about it? They don’t get any relief for him being on COVID protocol. They lose a valuable player.

Joel Embiid was vaccinated in the NBA and experienced harsh COVID symptoms and was out for quite some time. It hits everyone differently.

Reactions: Coachcorner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad