GDT: Caps Jets 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Almost enjoying them more than regular goals at this point.

It’s funny because people will complain about them, but ENGs are legitimately important. How many times have grinders missed empty nets only to see the opposition come back and tie it up? I don’t need to remind everyone of Hathaway’s miss last year against Florida.

Ovie slamming the door shut is good for the team.

max21

NBA Yungboy
Apr 17, 2019
Virginia
When I see an ENG scored, I just think of Hathaway last May.
1670812512860.gif

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Happy they've proved me wrong. I thought we'd be just about done after this road trip (after that brutal road start) but they've found another gear and are actually playing really well now. There are still ways to go but atleast they've managed to stay close to the Playoff picture while waiting for backup.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Further to the Ovie ENG discussion, Washington has scored 7 ENGs this year and only conceded once while the opposition pulled their goalie. And Ovie individually has been on the ice for 5 ENGs and been on the ice for 0 goals against with the opposition’s goalie pulled this year.

Over the last 3 years Ovie’s on-ice goals for/goals against with the opposition pulling the goalie is 16 to 3. Meanwhile Nic Dowd is 11 to 6 and Garnet Hathaway is 13 to 5.

Give me the guy who can bury the dagger from 120 feet over the guys who can’t.

McVechkin

Jun 29, 2015
Silly scoring rule.. but penalty shot assists should be give to the players that set up the opportunity. Just feels weird kuz doesn’t get an apple for setting that up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad