GDT: Caps @ Islanders, 7:30pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
1678596103746.gif

My game puck tonight goes to Dylan Strome for a goal, an assist, and a game-high 84% xGF%.

Honorable mentions to the Sandin-TVR pair and to Anthony Mantha for breaking his goalless drought.

PlushMinus

Nov 18, 2021
Wow the Isles looked very average tonight. I had to check if they were on a back to back (they weren't).

I listened to the Isles broadcast and quite enjoyed it: Brendan Burke and Butch Goring. Called the game fairly and decent knowledge of the Caps players. Especially liked how they weren't afraid to criticise their own team's poor play. Even went so far as to say Wilson took a smart penalty. Don't hear that often!

Wish our guys would be more honest and less homer - it's one of the reasons I've been listening to the opposition broadcasts.

Calicaps

NFA
Aug 3, 2006
Almost Canada
Wow the Isles looked very average tonight. I had to check if they were on a back to back (they weren't).

I listened to the Isles broadcast and quite enjoyed it: Brendan Burke and Butch Goring. Called the game fairly and decent knowledge of the Caps players. Especially liked how they weren't afraid to criticise their own team's poor play. Even went so far as to say Wilson took a smart penalty. Don't hear that often!

Wish our guys would be more honest and less homer - it's one of the reasons I've been listening to the opposition broadcasts.
Joe B and Locker compliment strong play by opponents quite often. And they criticize the Caps too. But they also work for Leonsis, so they have to try and strike an optimistic tone as much as possible. But they're better than you give them credit for.

Reactions: itsjustsurvival

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I mean, they are still within striking distance of a playoff spot here. And with no pressure at all. Come away with three points in the upcoming b2b and a slight wobble puts them right there down the stretch. Probably not but how good are PIT/NYI anyway? They play NYI twice more. Why not this ragtag band of miscreants?

Just goes to show despite how mid they are that with just a bit of improvement here and there the script would be different. Not saying I Believe but with Jensen/Fehervary back the defense may be decent enough at least. And if they do manage to get within striking distance I think they are still capable of smelling blood and realizing the opportunity before them. Wild to say but it's in their hands still. Hard to beat five teams out for two spots but not impossible. I don't doubt that they at least kick their pick down a few pegs in the back stretch.

Monsterrain

Mar 4, 2013
Maryland
Joe B and Locker compliment strong play by opponents quite often. And they criticize the Caps too. But they also work for Leonsis, so they have to try and strike an optimistic tone as much as possible. But they're better than you give them credit for.
They rarely criticize the caps which i don’t like. I guess they want to stay on that gravy train.

I mean, they are still within striking distance of a playoff spot here. And with no pressure at all. Come away with three points in the upcoming b2b and a slight wobble puts them right there down the stretch. Probably not but how good are PIT/NYI anyway? They play NYI twice more. Why not this ragtag band of miscreants?

Just goes to show despite how mid they are that with just a bit of improvement here and there the script would be different. Not saying I Believe but with Jensen/Fehervary back the defense may be decent enough at least. And if they do manage to get within striking distance I think they are still capable of smelling blood and realizing the opportunity before them. Wild to say but it's in their hands still. Hard to beat five teams out for two spots but not impossible. I don't doubt that they at least kick their pick down a few pegs in the back stretch.
Yea why not go for it. It would be fun to get in but we will get waxed in the first round.

Reactions: PlushMinus

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009

Joe B not so much, however Locker is really bad. Sometimes it's like listening to Baghdad Bob with Locker.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
Joe B not so much, however Locker is really bad. Sometimes it's like listening to Baghdad Bob with Locker.
Ah, good old Comical Ali. I wonder how he's doing in the UAE.

Locker has become nauseating. I swear he tries to use as many words starting with the letter "s" as possible. Slur that "s" into a "shh" every damn time.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
Yea maybe it’s because we’re no longer a RS force clowning teams, but I’m so tired of Locker.

Just a bunch of lame platitudes that don’t mean anything. I wish he’d objectively analyze the game, and stop trying to cheer fans up. Like quit selling us constantly, and respect our hockey knowledge more. Oh and stay off the sauce while on air, lol.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Yea maybe it’s because we’re no longer a RS force clowning teams, but I’m so tired of Locker.

Just a bunch of lame platitudes that don’t mean anything. I wish he’d objectively analyze the game, and stop trying to cheer fans up. Like quit selling us constantly, and respect our hockey knowledge more. Oh and stay off the sauce while on air, lol.
Seems like a good dude to hang around with though. I've never met him in person like lots of you have, but his persona seems laid back and have fun.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009

Don’t forget starting his analysis with half a colloquial phrase and then getting confused and ending with a different but similar phrase, managing to mostly mean the same thing while also sounding like his brain is run by the autocomplete on my phone.

• Haha
Reactions: RedRocking

Neil Racki

May 2, 2018
Baltimore-ish
Saw the first 5 mins of the 1st then the last 10 mins or so of the 3rd.

Nice to see Backstrom get that tip goal.

Nice to see the guys smiling.

Wish I saw the Mantha goal as Ive been cursing the guy for awhile now.

Reactions: AlexBrovechkin8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad