Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Habs | 4/2/15 | Caps Win 5-4 (SO) [MOD NOTE TO HABS FANS IN OP and #71]

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
The Kuz thread. Trotz seemed very slow to trust him, treating him more like a rookie than a guy with a solid international resume. I am thrilled Barry FINALLY tried him with Ovi. If he was going to refuse to shake up Ovi Nick and we lost in round 1 I wanted Trotz gone.

Now things are getting interesting. With that move, coincidence or not, the secondary scoring is heating up. Brouwer and MJ seemed motivated by having a new center, among others.

Kuz and Wilson are quickly becoming my favorite players.

Don't worry, they are still behind the king.

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I think Trotz actually likes his young players, even if his lack of trust and sometimes iffy line decisions slow down their development. But at least he is not dead-set on his lines, and he keeps giving players chances.

It was lucky for Kuz that Bura lost favor. If Bura stays at 2C, Kuz might still be playing 4C and losing confidence, with KHL factor becoming possible. Not that I agree with Bura sitting out games and playing 4th line, especially when AHL is an option and/or MJ is in top-6. But at least Bura is at a stage where it's easier for him to work through a demotion. So it's pretty lucky how it worked out, I think.

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
Stoked on Kuz, but man, if he started potting some goals that would be something...

Ajax1995

Dec 9, 2002
After clinching, so some time next week. Probably when we call up Orlov.

I am fairly sure Orlov has already been recalled, or at least his conditioning assignment has been completed. They don't have the cap room to activate him from LTIR so he will likely sit there until the end of the season.

I don't see the point of recalling Burakovsky unless they actually need him in the lineup. Hopefully Beagle is back soon and that will give them one guy who definitely will be part of the team in the playoffs who they will need to work back in. Why would they make it 2 if they don't need to? Hersehy has their own playoffs coming up and if Burakovsky can be a big part of a long run there that will be very nice for his development IMO. Honestly I don't expect him to be back in DC unless injuries dictate they need him or Hershey's season is over.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I am fairly sure Orlov has already been recalled, or at least his conditioning assignment has been completed. They don't have the cap room to activate him from LTIR so he will likely sit there until the end of the season.

I don't see the point of recalling Burakovsky unless they actually need him in the lineup. Hopefully Beagle is back soon and that will give them one guy who definitely will be part of the team in the playoffs who they will need to work back in. Why would they make it 2 if they don't need to? Hersehy has their own playoffs coming up and if Burakovsky can be a big part of a long run there that will be very nice for his development IMO. Honestly I don't expect him to be back in DC unless injuries dictate they need him or Hershey's season is over.

I was going to post exactly this. I don't see him coming up before Hershey's season is over barring injury.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
The good thing is that he'll be very hungry and will surely provide some secondary scoring.

Who sits for Bura ? Chimera ?

no.....Most likely Bura is not going to play unless there is an injury. The only scenario were I see a current player scratched to make room for Bura is the off chance Trotz scratched Johansson.

The heavy players like Chimera, Ward, Fehr, Laich, Wilson will be playing. Glencross gets elevated to the top 2 lines before Bura does.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad