Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Habs | 4/2/15 | Caps Win 5-4 (SO) [MOD NOTE TO HABS FANS IN OP and #71]

The Deadly Pook Gas

Feb 6, 2012
-beagle stayed behind in dc
-orlov may join caps later this week

Content|Links
TV|RDS, SNE, CSN-DC
Listen| Caps Radio Network , Habs
Streams| FirstRow , Streamhunter , Cricfree , Live TV
Game| Caps Lines , Habs Lines , Starting Goalies , Refs
Pre-Game| NHL , Vogel
Post-Game| NHL , Vogel , war-on-ice , hockeystats , Natural Stat Trick Promotions | Papa John's

MOD NOTE: Visiting fans are welcome to discuss the game as long as they follow site rules. However, this is a GDT primarily for Caps fans. If Montreal fans want to have a discussion about Hart Trophy implications involved in tonight's game, this thread on the main boards would be a better place for it:

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showthread.php?t=1867139

Last edited:

Bananas

Sponsor
Mar 26, 2007
This is probably the last "playing with house money" game of the year...

It's crazy how we could be anywhere from hosting a playoff round to sitting on the outside looking in after the last five games...

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
orlov has been recalled just now. but prewitt said dont look into this too much, he will still be sitting around

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
I like 8-92-42, but ugh do not like 90-19-20

90-19-20 has played very well.

Esp Mojo and Browbrow. Those two have been on a mission the last two games. I hope they keep it up. Would be nice to see them score tonight though.

NobodyBeatsTheWiz

Happy now?
Jun 26, 2004
The Burbs
All the talk about Price being the runaway Hart winner is way off.

Goalies are much more replaceable than skaters, and Ovechkin is further ahead of the goalscoring pack than Price is of goalies in any category.

When you consider that the next goalscorer only has 80% of the goals that Ovie just, that's absurd.

Midnight Judges

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 10, 2010
orlov has been recalled just now. but prewitt said dont look into this too much, he will still be sitting around

I was gonna say, do you really want to try ad teach Orlov the system at this point? Took everyone else a quarter season to get going.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
#Habs lines vs #Capitals
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Desharnais - Parenteau
Prust - Eller - Weise
De la Rose - Mitchell - DSP

price in net

BobRouse

Mar 18, 2009
In the first 2 periods of the Montreal games combined the Caps have outshot the Habs 48-27.

We have physically owned the Habs. They have to keep that up tonight.

hockeykicker

Dec 3, 2014
if you have time go look at the first post in the habs gdt. what a great piece of art work there haha hooked on phonics. probably one of the best ive seen in a while

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher

gallagher.png

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Agreed that the 2nd line leaves a lot to be desired.

21-19 showed some chemistry in the past. I wouldn't mind seeing them tried again at some point but Brouwer isn't the ideal 3rd wheel there -Burakovsky is.

Yup and Bura is exactly who I'd roll with. I like the idea of 65-19-43

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
conditioning assignments are a finite lenth. salary cap is a finite number. they used up the first and don't have enough of the second for him.

he can be activated after the season when there is no cap. I don't expect him to play unless there is an injury or two.

who would you plug in first. Schmidt or Orlov in a playoff game?

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
All the talk about Price being the runaway Hart winner is way off.

Goalies are much more replaceable than skaters, and Ovechkin is further ahead of the goalscoring pack than Price is of goalies in any category.

When you consider that the next goalscorer only has 80% of the goals that Ovie just, that's absurd.

Last night Bobby Mac backed up the Price talk. I would think he has at least some idea of that pulse on that subject, unfortunately

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
conditioning assignments are a finite lenth. salary cap is a finite number. they used up the first and don't have enough of the second for him.

he can be activated after the season when there is no cap. I don't expect him to play unless there is an injury or two.

who would you plug in first. Schmidt or Orlov in a playoff game?

Off the top of my head, Schmidt seemed to have at least 1 poorly timed rush or turnover that led to a goal against or scoring chance against in his last 3 games played.

That being said, if Schmidt or Orlov get playoff ice time, it's probably in the 5-8 minute range.

To answer your question, it's Schmidt over Orlov due to knowledge/experience of system.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad