Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2021-22 Regular Season Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
So it ends up that the Panthers got Chase Priskie via Carolina and we got Henry Rybinski.

The Washington Capitals have landed one of the top free agents in the CHL.
The Capitals announced the signing of Henry Rybinski to a three-year entry-level contract on Tuesday afternoon, coming to terms with the hotly coveted winger who, as reports indicate, was pursued by a number of other NHL teams prior to his decision.
Rybinski currently plays for the Seattle Thunderbirds of the WHL, racking up an impressive 18 goals and 54 points so far this season in just 39 games. The 20-year-old is a former fifth-round pick of the Florida Panthers from the 2019 NHL Entry Draft, with his rights expiring this offseason after the two sides did not come to terms on a contract.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
That's good to hear. No reason to go all-in.

Check the goalie market to see what mid-round pick would bring you back but no reason to move top prospect for a goalie.

hb12xchamps

Dec 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
Sounds like Hagelin's injury is long term. GMBM didn't seem very upbeat regarding his status going forward and said he has an appointment this afternoon. Had surgery last night. Doesn't sound great.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
This will be a (yet another) test to see how integral Hagelin is to the success of the HDH line. Is he the straw that stirs that line's drink? Or has it been the career years from Dowd (2020-21) and Hatheway (2021-22) that have propelled it?

Kuz

May 11, 2015
What type of returns would 19 74 77 get us

19 would be really hard to move NMC with 9,2 million for 3 more years. For that much he would have to look better than now to Get good value back. Not many teams can afford him and only contender would really be interested.

Oshie aswell also looses some value because of length. Teams will be careful of adding those extra years. Right now he is good enough for 5,7 but might not be in a year or two. Of course if Caps are gonna rebuild I would say they should trade away stars with retention as I believe they have the exonomy for it and if they want to rebuild they dont need the cap space for a few years.

Oshie 3 mill and Backstrom for 6 mill next trade deadline would be valuable players.

Carlson should Get a decent return already.

This year they should go for playoffs, but if they arent food enough next year they should sell. No reason to keep veterans and Get 10-14th pick when they can Get extra picks/prospects and Get their own picks higher.

Having a mid table team only prolongs the suck period. They are already getting some decent prospects in the lineup, but will need a couple of players with top end talent to be a contender again.

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC
Surprised AJF hasn’t been called up yet. What’s his contract status.

from what I’ve heard hags injury was pretty gruesome just speculation but his career may be over if he almost lost an eye

Also seeing pictures of Hags with his visor over his eyes all over social media today is SMH

Last edited:
Reactions: Holtbyisms

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
This will be a (yet another) test to see how integral Hagelin is to the success of the HDH line. Is he the straw that stirs that line's drink? Or has it been the career years from Dowd (2020-21) and Hatheway (2021-22) that have propelled it?

Hate to see a guy injured but this creates an opportunity for someone with a scoring touch.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
So who gets Hagelin's spot? Do AJF and Malenstyn both get called up to Duke it out?

Sure why not. Malenstyn gives us a nasty edge but AJF gives us speed and shown he has knack for where the net is. Can't go wrong with either one, imho.

crazy8888

Sep 8, 2010
Brooklyn NY
so Gmbm is waving white flag on this season ehh. Sucks. He usually follows through on what he says. I guess they expect to be out of playoffs pretty soon.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
I will say one thing carefully to not go offtopic here. Glanced at some threads at Reddit to get a grasp of what people say there. Now I seriously doubt Ovi will play out his contract. The hysteria is real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad