Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) - 2019 Offseason Pt. 1: The BMac Attack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I think after a training camp, he is going to be better. Its a lot to ask a guy that has never played a meaningful NHL game to step in and play meaningful minutes on a team that expects to win a championship.
He got dicked over by having a novice at LD in Carlson for some absurd reason but I mainly didn't see it in Jensen physically. You'd hope that they're collectively way more fresh, aggressive and up-tempo next season and that he relies more on his skating and cleanly getting back to pucks than being forced to defend all the time with little up-ice flow. Bigger picture I think reshaping the roster needs to go in that direction as-is. If this defense is defending all the time again and they remain a weaker possession team then they'll have some problems. Hagelin helps that balance. More reliable forward depth would help...but getting that productive possession 3RW may be tough.

Mostly they need Kuznetsov to get his head out of his ass and stop bleeding high danger scoring chances against. Everything structurally would look a lot better after that.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Tex, let me get to my pc and calculate few forwards setups to compare. We need some details to discuss your stance @ Panarin.

PB12

Jul 7, 2015
If you pull off a Holtby-for-a-pick deal that garners a top Wing or Centre from this draft who can contribute soon, you could grab a free agent G for one year to platoon with Samsonov if needed. Or trade for a G rental at the deadline, if needed.

Point is there is an opportunity to move Holts, get a stud top 6 forward, along with further cap flexibility. If that creates some issues in net there are steps that can be taken to mitigate that in the interim.

Yeah i'm looking at those FA agent goaltenders. I would rather keep Holtby for a year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad