Speculation: Caps General Discussion (Coaching/FAs/Cap/Lines etc) -- 2018-19 Still The Champs/TDL Edition - Pt. 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Would be really upset if they make a trade with the Kings. LAK have literally no one at this point who you'd look at and be confident "The Caps need this guy". Especially players like Hagelin and Lewis who are basically bums these days.

Reactions: CapitalsCupReality

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
From the last thread:

I don't like any of the targets from the Kings. Hagelin has really dropped off and Clifford's career high is 15 points at age 28. Clifford's also signed for another year at $1.6M, why acquire him when he's basically another Jaskin: a guy who can't score but drives play and doesn't kill penalties?

Toffoli would be a good addition, but that's about the only guy I see on the Kings that makes a little sense.

BiPolar Caps

Feb 9, 2010
NOVA
Those Kings Bobby Mac referenced, in order of value to the Caps I would rate them:
1. Clifford
2. Hagelin
3. Lewis

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Also it's annoying that these so called 'insiders' who are in this business for years don't have legit sources on the Caps to leak some real info. Oshie trade broke out on the team's official twitter and everyone was WHOAAA. Shattenkirk... some rumors here and there but none of these Lebruns/McKenzies had a legit info before it was a done deal. All they do is speculating.

BackToTheBasics

Dec 26, 2013
Clifford has cup experience and imo would be a bit of an upgrade over Jaskin.
Clifford is a 4th line LW. Even if he is a slight upgrade over Stephenson and Jaskin, it wouldn't make sense to acquire him seeing as they have 2 other 4th line players at that position.

If the plan is to keep Bura, it would make more sense to get a guy who could slot in the top 9 when Bura inevitably goes cold or could at least move up and down the lineup. Clifford isn't that guy.

Jun 15, 2007
Everyone on the Capitals now, minus a few guys, has Cup experience. Do they really need any more?

Cup experience is maybe the most overrated thing in the world. Especially when you won a cup as a 4th liner.

Empty Goal Net

I don't smell disgusting, musky, and rancid
Feb 13, 2010
Everyone on the Capitals now, minus a few guys, has Cup experience. Do they really need any more?

Yeah. I'd like to see every guy on their roster have another Finals on their resume before July 2019.

Reactions: searle

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
I like Kempe. :dunno:
Don't need him obviously. Or Taffoli maybe.
Toffoli is the type of middle-sixer who needs a perfect fit to shine. He has no specific offensive skills to make us a really better team. We can only hope that he develops chemistry with the team from the get go and brings a real offensive output. Kempe is young but there's not much of an upside. I'd pass.

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
I like Kempe. :dunno:
Don't need him obviously. Or Taffoli maybe.

Yep, more interested in Kempe or Leipsic, than Clifford, Lewis, or Hagelin. Those 2 seem more capable of bringing what Hagelin used to bring, than Hagelin can. Was impressed with Kempe's speed during the home game we played vs the Kings
But I don't see why the Kings would move a young guy with speed, since they seem to lack both youth and quickness - unless they've given up on him. Or unless Kempe's packaged with someone else and we're also moving Burakovsky

Portable Mink

Sep 12, 2005
Melbourne, Australia
Also it's annoying that these so called 'insiders' who are in this business for years don't have legit sources on the Caps to leak some real info. Oshie trade broke out on the team's official twitter and everyone was WHOAAA. Shattenkirk... some rumors here and there but none of these Lebruns/McKenzies had a legit info before it was a done deal. All they do is speculating.

I see that as a big positive myself.

Reactions: Operator18

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Also it's annoying that these so called 'insiders' who are in this business for years don't have legit sources on the Caps to leak some real info. Oshie trade broke out on the team's official twitter and everyone was WHOAAA.

Better that way. You know you can dismiss any rumors because the real thing is never a rumor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad