GDT: Caps Flyers 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
well i mean, who else that is playing today would get an A? maybe just hathaway
Brown. Former junior captain in Erie and an "A" in Ottawa who plays the game the way it should be played by everyone. Got to think he's a guy they want to resign ASAP and not a rental.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
New guys, Snively, Protas have looked good. MoJo has as well to his credit. He’s still smooth with zone entries.
I was just thinking thats probably the reason Mojo is still an NHLer. Elite zone entry guy. Or maybe the fancy stats say I'm wrong.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
I was just thinking thats probably the reason Mojo is still an NHLer. Elite zone entry guy. Or maybe the fancy stats say I'm wrong.
He’s still above average according to the fancies but not the savant he used to be. Still, for this team, above average is an improvement… especially on the PP.

Reactions: um

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
Kinda wish the Flyers could put more pressure on Lingren.

Torts may have an aneurysm coaching this team

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
If he plays the half wall and kuzy the goal line, that opens up a whole new wrinkle with a heavy left shot. I like the thought of it. Teams cheated off Backstrom cause they always expected handle&pass.
Exactly why I advocated for Mantha in that spot. Having a left shot threat like Tampa does with Kucherov opens everything up.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Exactly why I advocated for Mantha in that spot. Having a left shot threat like Tampa does with Kucherov opens everything up.
Agreed, I think somebody like Strome might be an even better fit since he's got top notch puck skills too. Hopefully we don't see MoJo PP1 -_-

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I like Lindgren's ability to play the puck. Smoothe.

I don't think entries alone carry that much value. On an otherwise dominant team I could see it more but they need more creativity and skill. I'd rather see Protas, Snively or perhaps McMichael in that sense 5v5. There's more there there offensively, esp. with Protas down low if early play is any indication. IMO it would be a shame to dress both Johansson & Gustafsson as players whose primary value stems from PP2 work. They need more sturdy and reliable 5v5 play first and foremost.

Reactions: marcel snapshot

marcel snapshot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2005
I think the Nicky and Wilson situations may provide time to sort out Snively, Mikey, Protas, and MoJo.

I really like Protas’ combo of size, strength, and agility, it showed well last year and tonight - just needs to show some scoring finish capability at this level, which he shows signs of, but maybe not yet enough to count on. He’s an NHLer on a lot of teams, but still a maybe on this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad