GDT: Caps Flyers 7pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holtbyisms

Matt Irwin is a legit talent
Jul 1, 2012
Bedford, PA
Strome looks really good and he and Brown seem to have some chemistry. Not seeing the below nhl level skating he supposedly has.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Ovechkin - Kuznetsov - Brown
X - Strome - Mantha
Y - Eller - Oshie
Z - Dowd - Hathaway

XYZ should be down to Sheary, Johansson, Snively, Protas & CMM you'd think. One tweak could be putting Eller at 4LW if Protas/CMM earn a chance centering a scoring line. That may best fit the character of the checking line given Eller's experience vs. Protas/Snively. Snively getting some late game EN and PK usage is interesting. It's just the pre-season but good to have earned looks in those roles. He could perhaps fit at 4LW but then I don't know if you'd want him matching up.

Unless CMM puts some points up here soon he may need loads of TOI in Hershey to rightly develop his game in full and then come back at some point for good. While they could maybe go super conventional with AJF at 4LW and the two vets in the middle six LW spots it seems like CMM biggest competition is Snively & Protas. He's got some ground to make up.

Edit: You'd figure Sheary & Johansson are safe bets to make it given tendencies, as is Snively due to not being waiver-exempt. So then it largely comes down to which of CMM or Protas makes it and which heads to Hershey.

Last edited:

DWGie26

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2019
NOVA
Lots to like Tonight. Like that we played so many youngsters. Hot takes:

* Strome is good. And he definitely needs to be on PP1
* Brown is all over the place and can shoot. Should be on first line
* Protas is a beast - I think we have to send him down because exempt, but changing my opinion
* Charlie Sidesburns is good! Going to be much better in goal this year. Players talking about confidence!
* Johannson (and Carlsson) both looked good tonight. 3LD will continue to be interesting
* Erwin good and bad - he could end up in Hershey on his two-way contract
* AJF didn’t distinquish

RedRocking

Jan 8, 2022
NoCal
I think I like MoJo at 4LW - he can play smart, boring hockey - but, since Dowd + Hath create a decent amount of chances, I like MoJo’s playmaking, and finishing skills to go along with them.

I could see Snively at 3LW - just seems like a guy that makes the most of his ice time, can exploit some mismatches there, as he has a tendency to heat up and really put pressure on the other team.

Raikkonen

Dumb guy
Aug 19, 2009
Russia
Never seen Lindgren play... but why did we suffer without competent goalies for so many years?!

Half joking as its too early to tell but I liked what I saw in highlights.

Fucale on his goal was kind of lazy? Or surrendered before the shot. Sammy would spun around twice at least!

Surely Protas could have been included in the lineup but they will send him to Hershey most probably.

zappa4ever

Music is the Best!
Feb 10, 2010
MD/VA/WV intersection
Nice to see another Left shot one-timer in Strome from the right side (a la Martha)
Brown delivered exactly as promised, puck hound who'll end up at the goalies' doorstep
Lindgren solid as Iraq (arrested development ref ;) )
Strome had the confidence boost for the shootout snipe, eggzcelent
Protas continues to look great, he's got something to offer this team with that size, reach and work ethic, hope Caps find a spot for him soon

Reactions: um

usiel

Where wolf’s ears are, wolf’s teeth are near.
Sponsor
Jul 29, 2002
Klendathu
www.myspace.com
I dig Snively just wondering if he can hold up physically when he gets punished on the boards. Very quick like a lightning waterbug out there can get on top of people fast. Can be a glue piece on a suprrise attack line.

Reactions: RedRocking and um
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad