Post-Game Talk: Caps/Devs GDT 4/2

Status
Not open for further replies.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Everyone in the 'Samsonov stinks and can't be trusted' -train again?

The guy was 7-1-1 before last game. He had a bad game after getting hit in the head by his teammate and people think that should cost him his roster spot?

Geez.

Tough crowd.

We've seen chemistry with this squad before, and buy-in. THAT is what I look for most prior to the TDL and playoffs. If you see it in stretches but it fades, that means it's there and the coaches/captains just have to tap into it at the right time.

I'm not sure I shuffle the deck very much unless there's someone in the locker room who's not fitting in.

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Well I know you didn't ask me but I was looking at his game log the other day, and his boxcar stats for the first 15 games vs the last 15 show he's taking about half as many shots per game in the latter stretch.

We've seen the veterans on this team coast a bit mid-season. That may be all we're dealing with right now, especially with the COVID schedule.

Thank you for that. I don’t think he has been bad lately but he looked really good at the start of the season. Hopefully he returns to that form

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I didn't say he stinks, I said he's struggled this season in terms of chance generation, and especially so given that he is no longer being tasked with shutdown duties where he might need to take a more active defensive role. The good thing is that he has time to turn it around, but if he doesn't change something about his offensive game I fear is he going to struggle in the postseason.

And no, the analytics suggest he's been really good for pretty much his entire career.

Struggled is in itself a load. Let's move on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad