g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
upload_2021-4-2_11-46-54.jpeg

10_16_ChaiTime_Trophy.jpg

Melkor

Jul 22, 2012
Auckland, New Zealand
Finally..that guy has been getting on my nerves for like a year with his one dimensional game. Would be better to get rid of him while other teams still hasn't recognized his issues and sell high but unfortunately not gonna be the case. Still fine that he's not playing though even at a cost of Panik drawing back in.

Reactions: troyerlaw and crab

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
putting on my "reading between the lines" glasses, it sounds like they (very justifiably) want him to attack the game more. The more obvious the scenario the more you see him use his tools, but on a regular basis he doesn't push a lot of people out of their comfort zones, especially defensively. I don't really mind this as a short term warning shot.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
What about 44 year old Chara bumbling around the ice as the opponent puts an 8 spot on the board? When does he sit?

Would sitting Chara motivate him to play better?

I think it's at least reasonable to think that sitting Vrana for a game could lead to some improvement in his game. Sitting Chara for any reason other than getting him some rest doesn't seem like it would be beneficial to the team, especially since Chara has actually been one of the better defensemen on the team throughout the season.

notDkristich

Jan 27, 2013
If I'm the opposing coach I'm throwing my 1st line on the ice any time I see Dillon and Carlson on the ice. Hot trash for a few games.

Now is the best time to struggle, and then peak in time for the playoffs.

Reactions: Calicaps

crab

Jan 26, 2019
Mentioned it last game but Vrana has looked awful. His compete level for pucks has been pathetic. Totally understand the scratch and support it. Unfortunately they really could use his speed and offensive talents but it’s the right message to send, especially when playing the Devils.

Jacoby4HOF66

Pull my finger
Mar 13, 2009
Chara standing up for the team last night has more than earned him a spot to start.
This part of hockey is always good for a laugh. Grown men trying to fight on ice skates because they’ve been insulted in some way. Why didn’t Happy Gilmore ever get a shot if this is the standard?

Reactions: Hivemind

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
IMO it's a mistake to single out a talented guy after a game in which almost everybody sucked. It sends the message that the coach doesn't like you, rather than what's intended.

Especially since there were plenty of games when there was an actual valid reason to single Vrana out.

Reactions: Hivemind
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad