Post-Game Talk: Caps @ Devils 1pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoidberg Jesus

Trotzkyist
Oct 25, 2011
Here I'll change the subject if people want: Orlov and Niskanen were the best pairing on the ice yet again and are generating offense every time they are on the ice. This is what a first pairing should look like on a quality team.

Meanwhile Alzner and Carlson are still struggling. They generated nothing substantial on offense and somehow keep finishing below water on shot-attempts.

Aside from Niskanen doing well, every preconceived notion I had about this defense coming into the year has been wrong. I also thought Kuzy and Bura were just out of steam at the end of the season and would be back to normal this year, Johansson had peaked as a 40-50 point player, and that Eller would be productive if we kept him at center and gave him decent linemates. Clearly I know very little about hockey.

twabby

Mar 9, 2010
Alzner and Kuz aren't having the contract years I expected. They will still get paid, I'm sure, but maybe not by the Capitals?

I would love to keep both, I just think other teams are going to be willing to load them down with too much cash.

Alzner was being propped up quite a bit by Niskanen when they were paired together. Skating alongside Carlson exposes him a bit more for who he is. He'll kill penalties and play some pretty good defense, but he just isn't a very good player at 5v5 when you total his offensive and defensive contributions.

Kuzy is fortunately an RFA so while he has some negotiating power, he can't just go up for bids like Alzner can. Also as an RFA he has much more value as a trade chip should it come to that. Maybe the Capitals could sign him to a bridge deal and then figure something out later. They don't have to commit to him long-term now, barring some weird offer sheet situation that never happens.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
Anyone remember a few weeks ago when I said at least the GDTs are good on this forum? I take it back.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Anyone remember a few weeks ago when I said at least the GDTs are good on this forum? I take it back.

:laugh:

People have been complaining about how dead the GDTs have been all year. We're just doing our part to liven things up.

Hivemind

We're Touched
Oct 8, 2010
Philadelphia
I enjoy the irony about people complaining about this GDT, when this conversation also happened in a GDT a few months ago. Full circle!

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
Didn't watch the game but that hit from Wilson looks suspension worthy in my opinion. Hope everyone had a merry Christmas and a happy new year!

Last edited:

SimplySensational

Heard of Hough
Mar 27, 2011
VA
Didn't watch the game but that hit from Wilson looks suspension worthy in my opinion. Hope everyone had a merry Christmas and a happy new year!

To call that a hit is ****ing ridiculous, guy puts himself in position, barely gets gets nudged.

If Boychuk can elbow Wilson in the back of the head without the puck and they suspend Wilson for this ****..

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Hmm, looks like it was a nice game to watch in replay.

Arguing is good, means somebody is alive!

Turd Ferguson

Its a funny name
Apr 21, 2015
Canada
To call that a hit is ****ing ridiculous, guy puts himself in position, barely gets gets nudged.

If Boychuk can elbow Wilson in the back of the head without the puck and they suspend Wilson for this ****..

It was a hit or am I missing something? From the replay I can see body contact. Wilson can see his numbers from the hash marks and Moore is facing the opposing direction the whole time, you don't hit a guy in that situation. No need to overreact. I could careless if Wilson is suspended, his contribution is minimal from the games i've seen this year.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
ZERO reaction by Devils players after the hit, ZERO reaction by Devils players after they saw the replay. You can see those kind of hit every...shift, when a F goes after a D. It's just unfortunate for Moore.

Refs so predictable, I knew right away that the game will be a mess from the officials. Thanks for improving our PK stats refs:yo:

My post after the NYI game.

12-28-2016, 11:33 AM
ovikovy817

vCash: 500

How the ref can see a penalty on the other side of the rink, while the ref who's watching the action nearby don't see anything?
3rd isles goal should never be allowed.
No PS for O'shie in the 3rd?

The Caps last five games
@ Carolina (very bad refereeing)
vs Montreal
@ Philadelphia (very bad refereeing)
vs Tampa Bay
@ Islanders (very bad refereeing)

So, it seems like caps fans will get a "great" gift on the new year's eve @ Devils.

Shall I predict the CUP winner?:sarcasm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad