Post-Game Talk: Caps @ de worst Leefs on Eart (730pm)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ovikovy817

May 23, 2015
Belgium
This week we will play against 2 out of 4 potential opponents in the first round. (Even if I think it will be one out of two remaining). Need to do the job

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
I hope they keep up the intensity just in case they face the Leafs in the 1st round. They haven't been that good against the Leafs this season and part of that is propably taking them too easy since they were the worst team in the league last season. That needs to change now by setting the tone and showing them what they would get in the 1st round.

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
I like the Caps backup goalie better than the Leafs backup goalie. Looks like a backup goalie battle tonight. so...

SpinningEdge

Feb 12, 2015
Fairfax, VA
Would like to see Kuz match up with Mathews and see if he can handle the speed

I personally like Beagle on that matchup - and Backstrom.

Beagles speed is extremely underrated. He's one of fastest skaters on the team. Backstrom should get those duties too if Trotz really believes back is a Selke candidate.

Kuzy needs to get offense going. Not be put in a defensive situation vs another teams top line IMO.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
I personally like Beagle on that matchup

No I think Kuzy's got this. Remember the 2-1 win against the Oilers? Kuzy was matched up against McDavid and he won that match up handily. Then again, Babcock is in control, he'll put Matthews up against the player of his choice. If I'm Babcock, I put Matthews against Eller.

ALLCAPSALLTHETIME

Great Dane! Love that Eller feller.
Oct 10, 2009
British Columbia, Canada
I loved those commercials back in the day. Lol.

This is a statement game. They don't want to show weakness versus a possible playoff opponent. Time to go full bore as I figure with Toronto being such a young team, I don't think they have the stamina to play such a long season. I think they'll be running on fumes, very soon.

Plus, if they win, they have a decent chance of clinching the President's Trophy. :)

Take it to them, Caps! :handclap:

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
dammit I wanted to see Holtby tonight. Hopefully Caps put up a better effort than the last time they were at the ACC.

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
should be fun but what statement comes from a McElheney v Grubby game?

Ehhh... to fans, propably not much of an statement.

For players? Mentally, it's huge. You think that if the Capitals play physical, and dominating game, the Leafs players would just think that ''it's alright, it's all going to change with Andersen in goal''.

I don't really care about the bragging rights between the fan bases. But in terms of players you can definitely generate an advantage over a team you might face, now that we are so close to the Playoffs.

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
I think our mantra for the final four games or so should be: keep Tampa Bay out of the playoffs. Please.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad